The ultimate appetizer or side dish for soup and salad, this easy Stuffed Olive Cheese bread is loaded with zesty green and black olives, oodles of melted cheese and kicked up with tasty herbs and spices. Absolutely crave worthy, you’ll find yourself dreaming up reasons to whip up this simple recipe!
Even if you’re not an olive fan, you’ll find yourself dreaming about the salty, briny goodness of this delicious stuffed bread! Balanced perfectly with piles of melted Provolone cheese, greens onions, parsley, garlic and a little red pepper, this recipe’s melty olive spread sits atop delicious crusty bread that’s just begging to be savored and enjoyed!
What You Need To Make Stuffed Olive Cheese Bread
- loaf of Italian or French bread
- pimento stuffed green olives (like Manzanilla or Queen)
- sliced black olives (like Kalamata or California)
- green onions
- Provolone cheese
- Italian parsley
- lemon juice
- dried oregano, minced garlic
- black pepper & red pepper flakes
How To Make Stuffed Olive Cheese Bread
- Prep the bread. Start by slicing your loaf of Italian or French bread in half. Then open each half by slicing again lengthwise. Hollow out a shallow well the length of each piece of bread. This is important for 2 reasons! (1) You’re going to fill those wells with your cheesy olive filling. The wells are why this bread is called “stuffed.” (2) The wells allow you to really load up your bread with lots of good filling. Without the wells, when the cheese melts, it just runs right off the bread into a puddle on your baking sheet.
- Make the filling. Mix together room temp butter and mayo as the base for your filling. Add in grated cheese, chopped olives and rest of the ingredients. Stir it all together and load up the bread with all that yum!
- Bake. Bake the bread for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes, then slice & serve!
What to serve with Stuffed Olive Cheese Bread
This recipe makes for an awesome appetizer, perfect for parties, game days or just as a starter for your guests to munch before dinner. But we also love to eat is as a side dish with our favorite soups like Creamy Tomato Basil or Italian Tortellini with Sausage & Spinach. Serve it with a tasty dinner salad for a full meal too.
Other Stuffed Bread Recipes You’ll Love
More Delicious Recipes for Olive Lovers
- Easy Italian Marinated Olives
- Layered Muffuletta Salad
- Classic Muffuletta Sandwich
- Tuscan Tortellini Salad
- Tasty Lemon Chicken Salad
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Easy Stuffed Olive Cheese Bread
- 14-16 oz French or Italian loaf
- 6 oz pimento stuffed green olives, rough chopped
- 2.25 oz sliced black olives
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 C real mayonnaise
- 3 C grated Provolone
- 1/4 C chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Slice Italian or French bread in half. Then open each half by slicing again lengthwise. Hollow out a shallow well the length of each piece of bread. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix room temperature butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Mix in grated cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic, red pepper. Fold in olives. Add black pepper to test.
- Stuff hollowed out bread with cheese mixture. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 until cheese is melted and starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool 5-10 minutes. Slice in 2 inch slices and serve as appetizer or with soup and salad.