Perfect for using leftover ham, this Ham & Swiss Quiche has a secret ingredient that makes for a creamy, silky quiche every time!
There’s nothing like the classic combo of savory ham and punchy Swiss cheese. This easy-to-make quiche takes your favorites to the next level with a little green onion, red pepper flakes, dried mustard powder and Worcestershire sauce. Plus a secret ingredient inspired by every great ham and swiss sandwich to make sure your quiche is rich, velvety and oh-so, just right!
What You Need To Make Ham & Swiss Quiche
- frozen (or refrigerated) 9 inch deep dish pie crust– You can make your own crust from scratch but a premade crust keeps prep simple and quick
- eggs– I use large brown eggs.
- ham– Have leftover holiday ham? Besides ham salad, this is a delicious way to use it!
- swiss cheese– Using block cheese makes sure you get a perfect melt.
- green onion– Adds loads of flavor.
- heavy cream– You can use half & half or whole milk, but a fattier cream makes for a silkier quiche.
- real mayonnaise– Secret ingredient alert! Remember that fat = silky quiche? This sandwich inspired ingredient offers just the right amount of fat and creaminess (plus we already know it makes ham & cheese taste delish).
- dried mustard powder– makes the flavors sing
- Worcestershire sauce– a splash of savory flavor
- salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes
How To Make The Best Ham & Swiss Quiche
- Blind Bake. It is important to blind bake the crust before making the quiche. This makes sure the quiche doesn’t have a soggy bottom when you serve it. A blind bake just means that you bake the crust for 10 minutes or so before adding any ingredients.
- Prep. While crust blind bakes, dice, shred and prepare your ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, cream, mayo, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes together until eggs and cream are frothy.
- Assemble. In bottom of baked crust, layer ham, grated cheese and chopped green onion, then simply pour egg & cream mixture over the top of the layers. The egg will get down into all the nooks and crannies and bake up just right!
- Bake. Cover with foil for the first 30 minutes of baking. Your yummy quiche is done when there is only a slight jiggle in the middle. Don’t forget to cool for 15 minutes so that quiche can finish setting up. Top with clipped chives as garnish, if desired, and serve.
What to Serve with Secret Ingredient Ham & Swiss Quiche
Lunch or Dinner
Other Quiche Recipes You’ll Love
Can You Make Quiche Ahead of Time?
Absolutely! To serve a fresh quiche, simply prep your ingredients the day before. But wait to the day of your event before adding them to your crust and baking.
Storing & Freezing
Quiche can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If covered tightly, a baked quiche can be frozen for up to 2 months!
To reheat, cover with foil, place in 325 degree oven and bake until heated through.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Secret Ingredient Ham & Swiss Quiche
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish frozen (or refrigerated) pie shell
- 6 large eggs
- 1 C heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp real mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard powder
- splash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1-1.5 C diced ham
- 2 C shredded swiss cheese
- 1/4 C chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Using a fork, poke holes in bottom of crust to release steam while the crust bakes. Blind bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven.
- While crust blind bakes, dice, shred and prepare your ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, cream, mayo, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes together until eggs and cream are frothy. Set aside.
- In bottom of baked crust, layer ham, grated cheese and chopped green onion. Pour egg & cream mixture over ham & cheese, careful not to overfill. Tent with foil and bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven.
- Remove foil, bake another 20-25 minutes. Quiche is done when there is only a slight jiggle in the middle. Remove from oven. Let cool 15 minutes so that quiche can finished setting. Top with clipped chives as garnish, if desired, and serve.