Welcome to delicious! This easy recipe for Sausage Mushroom Quiche bakes up delectable goodness every time. Loaded with savory Shiitake mushrooms, ground sausage, fresh spinach and sharp Parmesan cheese, this quiche is guaranteed to be your favorite for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
What You Need To Make Sausage Mushroom Quiche
- 9 inch deep dish frozen pie shell
- half & half
- ground sausage
- Shiitake mushrooms (or Portobello)
- baby spinach
- shaved Parmesan
- ground mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
What is it about quiche that makes it so darn good? The flaky, tender crust? Light, fluffy eggs? Velvety cheese? Savory yummies like sausage? Mushrooms? Yes! Absolutely, 100% all of it. There’s just some kind of magic that happens when it all hits the pie tin and comes together in 350 degree oven that can’t be explained.
Somewhere along the way, quiche became deemed as “lady food.” I don’t know why. It’s hearty and filling, and everyone at my house gobbles it up as soon as it cools off enough to eat. It’s even been deemed “food on the go” as my son has been known to cut a slice and head out the door, sustenance in hand.
And why not? Quiche done right is heavenly. They can be loaded up with all kinds of meats, cheeses and veggies. They’re simple to make. And they can be served for literally every meal.
I think that’s why we love quiche so much- it can be filled with what we like best. We’re currently partial to this incredibly satisfying Sausage & Mushroom Quiche. The sausage, Shiitake mushrooms and Parmesan cheese create a perfect umami, or meaty, savory, trifecta. That first bite is absolutely swoon-worthy. And keeps you coming back for more!
This definitely an easy dish that will gather your people around the table any time of the day. Serve it with soup, salad or fruit (see my suggestions below). What a delicious way to spend time together!
Tips & Notes
- Save prep time by using precooked sausage crumbles.
- Many recipes suggest cooking the mushrooms and spinach & patting dry before adding them to the quiche to eliminate extra moisture that might make the crust soggy or the quiche from cooking. However, I’ve had great success using uncooked Shiitake mushrooms and fresh spinach in this quiche.
- Sometimes, Shiitake mushroom stems can be tough. If you like, you can trim them before adding them to your quiche.
- To make sure your crust is always crisp it is important to blind bake, or pre cook, your pie shell. Additionally, baking your quiche on the middle or bottom rack instead of the top rack of the oven helps too!
More Tips & Notes
- Serve this Sausage Mushroom Quiche with Blueberry Spinach Salad & Orange Poppy Seed Dressing or with Red & Green Fruit Salad or as a side dish for Slow Cooker Potato Soup!
- Not familiar with Shiitake mushrooms? Other than Portobellos, they are my favorite because of their savory flavor and meaty texture. Learn more about them here!
- Want to make perfect quiche every time? Then this is for you!
- 1- 9 inch frozen pie shell
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 C half & half
- 1.5 C chopped fresh spinach
- 1 C chopped shitake mushrooms, generous
- 1 C cooked sausage crumbles
- 1/2 C shaved Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- Prep pie shell according to instructions for single crust pie. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Cook sausage while pie shell is cooling. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, cream and spices until eggs are light and fluffy. Add sausage, mushrooms and spinach to the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each. Pour into prepared pie shell. Top with Parmesan and extra cracked pepper. Bake 30-35 minutes or until just set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- BLT Quiche
- Sausage, Egg & Cheese Brunch Cake
- Overnight Green Chile Breakfast Strata
- Overnight Sausage Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- Make Ahead Blueberry Breakfast Bake
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin & Save This Sausage Mushroom Quiche Recipe***