This zippy chopped ham salad will have your family looking forward to leftover ham! Not your average sandwich spread, this chunky salad makes for a perfect appetizer with crackers or a delicious sandwich on your favorite bread. Never wonder about how to make the best ham salad again!
What You Need To Make Chopped Ham Salad
- green onions
- sweet relish
- dijon mustard
- prepared horseradish
- salt & pepper
Many ham salads are more spread than salad, but this recipe leaves the food processor in the cabinet and gives you a delicious mix of rich ham, crisp celery, green onion, bright pimentos and sweet pickles that you can really sink your teeth into. By hand dicing the ingredients, you decide how small or large your ham and veggies end up.
And while that might sound like extra work, it’s really not. About 3 green onions and 3 stalks of celery or less, besides the ham is all that needs a little knife work. Plus clean up is a snap- just a knife and cutting board!
This ham salad is delicious on crackers or with toast points if you’re having guests over or just thinking about a light supper. Add a few cubes of cheese and some apples or grapes on the side, you’ll have an appetizer tray or tapas type meal that is sure to become a favorite! Pile it high on a croissant or hearty bread and serve with potato chips for a different change of pace.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Chopped Ham Salad
- 3 1/3 C chopped ham
- 1/3 C diced celery
- 1/3 C finely sliced green onion
- 1/3 C diced pimentos, drained
- 1/3 C sweet pickle relish, drained
- 1/3 C real mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Chop ham, celery, onions. Drain pimentos and pickle relish. Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and mix well. Serve immediately or chill before serving.
Other Salad/ Sandwich Spreads You’ll Love
- Tasty Lemon Chicken Salad
- Tuna Salad with Apples & Pecans
- The Best Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
- Ultimate Farmhouse Egg Salad
- Southern Shrimp Salad with Lemon Dill Mayo
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Ham Salad Recipe***