The classic combination of peanut butter and crackers get a chocolate snack mix overhaul with quick and easy Ritz Bits Muddy Buddies. Dangerously delicious, it’s hard to stop once you crunch into that very first one! With just 5 ingredients, this simple treat is fun to make, fun to eat and perfect for holidays, quick gifts, parties, game days and weekends at home!
Peanut butter and crackers? Peanut butter and chocolate? The snack world will never have to choose again! This genius snack mix combines all three in a world of chocolatey, salty goodness with a tender cracker crunch. Don’t try to nibble just one. It’s useless to resist!
What You Need To Make Ritz Bits Muddy Buddies
- Ritz Bits peanut butter crackers
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
- hot chocolate mix
- wax paper & a zip top bag
How to Make This Simple Muddy Buddy Snack
- Carefully melt chocolate chips and oil in a microwave. Stirring regularly.
- Pour chocolate over Ritz Bits and toss to coat.
- Add powdered sugar and hot chocolate mix to zip top bag. Shake to mix
- Add chocolate coated crackers to bag. Shake to coat. Turn out onto wax paper to set (about 10 minutes)
- Begin snacking!
Other Snack Recipes You’ll Love
- The Best Hot Chocolate Snack Mix
- Blueberry Muddy Buddy Snack Mix
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Christmas Snack Mix
- Creole Moose Munch
- Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bark with Cranberries
- White Chocolate PB&J Snack Bites
- Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips with Coconut & Bacon
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Ritz Bits Muddy Buddies Snack
- wax paper, gallon- sized zip top bag
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- (3) 8.8 oz boxes Ritz Bits peanut butter crackers
- 1 C powdered sugar
- ½ C hot chocolate mix
- In a microwave bowl, add chocolate chips and vegetable oil. Microwave chips and oil, using 30 second increments, stirring after each increment until chips are melted. Chips will continue to melt while stirring. Be careful not to overcook the chocolate.
- Pour Rits Bits in a large bowl. Pour chocolate over top. Use a rubber spatula to scrape all of the chocolate from the bowl to add to the crackers. Toss crackers in chocolate until all are crackers are well coated.
- Add powdered sugar and hot chocolate mix to a gallon-sized zip top back. Shake to mix. Add chocolate coated Ritz bits to gallon bag. Shake well until all crackers are well coated. Pour out onto wax paper. Break up large groups of crackers that have stuck together. Put separated crackers back into zip bag and shake in powder sugar coating again, When all the crackers have been coated, excess sugar shaken off and chocolate coating set, serve. Takes about 10 minutes or so for chocolate to set in a cool, dry kitchen.