The holidays mean lots of sweets and treats! But not every goodie has to be baked. Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bark with Cranberries is an easy way to get festive in a snap. Rich dark chocolate, salty pretzels and bright cranberries make a quick and easy candy when you need a little gift to give or sweet to serve but you don’t have a lot of time.
What You Need For Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bark with Cranberries
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Waffle Pretzels
- Dried Cranberries
- Sea Salt
- Parchment Paper
Every good bark recipe starts with a good quality melting chocolate. Chocolate chips are the easiest and best way to plenty of good chocolate for this recipe. We are a dark chocolate family over here, but you could use milk chocolate if you prefer.
Thank goodness for the invention of microwaves. They make whipping up a batch of bark one of the simplest things you can do in your kitchen during the holidays. The ease and convenience of melting chocolate chips in the microwave also makes holiday bark something the kids can do or help with.
With a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, melted dark chocolate is poured out and spread from edge to edge to create a thin bottom layer. Then crushed waffle pretzels and cranberries are sprinkled on. I think the more pretzels the better.
Last but not least, white chocolate chips are melted and drizzled in horizontal drizzles across the pan. Lightly drag the end of a toothpick from one end of the pan to the other, across those drizzles for that pretty marbled effect. The white chocolate is that little extra touch that makes this bark so special.
15-30 minutes in the fridge is all it takes to set this gorgeous holiday treat!
Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bark with Cranberries
- 2 10 oz bags dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 oz white chocolate chips
- 1.5 C waffle pretzels crushed
- 1/3 C dried baking cranberries
- sea salt
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt dark chocolate chips in microwave. Heating for 30 seconds, then stirring. Repeating until chocolate is smooth and shiny.
- When chocolate is melted, pour it out onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Using a spatula, spread chocolate to the edges to create a thin layer.
- Sprinkle pretzels and cranberries over the chocolate
- Melt white chocolate in microwave using the same process of repeat heating for 30 seconds and stirring until chocolate is melted.
- Drizzle white chocolate in horizontal stripes across the pan of dark chocolate.
- Lightly drag a toothpick vertically from one end of the chocolate to the other across the white chocolate stripes to create a marbled effect. Repeat every inch or so.
- Place in refrigerator to set for 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Cut bark into small squares to serve and share.
Little Things To Make Your Holiday Table Fun
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!