This is THE BEST, super chocolatey hot chocolate snack mix- the perfect crunchy snack for all your hot chocolate fans! Soft marshmallows, chocolate chips, hot chocolate mix and Chex cereal bring a whole new level of cozy enjoyment to a cheerful cup of hot chocolate!
What You Need To Make Hot Chocolate Snack Mix
- rice or corn Chex cereal
- cinnamon Chex cereal
- chocolate Chex cereal
- semisweet chocolate chips
- canola oil
- powdered sugar
- hot chocolate mix
- mini marshmallows
We are some serious chocolate lovers in this house. Hot chocolate is an extra special treat. We don’t have it very often, but when we do, dark, rich and smooth is how we like it and we don’t play around. There’s nothing like cozying up on the couch or in a big chair for a quiet moment with a warm cup of rich chocolate… until I discovered this snack mix.
It’s like hot chocolate with a crunch. You can eat it by the handfuls. And it might just be the best chocolate snack I’ve ever had. The chocolate Chex offers one level of chocolate while the hot chocolate coated cereal provides another. Then there’s the cinnamon and the marshmallows… Just so much goodness!
Perfect for holidays, game days, packaged up as gifts, this hot chocolate snack mix is everything you crave for winter snacking. Oh, and did I mention how quick and easy it is to make? Just melt chocolate chips, shake on the mix and you’ve got a special hot chocolate snack no one will be able to resist!
The Best Hot Chocolate Snack Mix
- 2 C rice or corn Chex cereal
- 2 C cinnamon Chex cereal
- 2 C chocolate Chex cereal, chocolate cereal pieces only
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 3- 1 oz hot chocolate drink mix packages
- 1 C mini marshmallows
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- Mix plain and cinnamon Chex cereals together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In the microwave or on the stove top, melt chocolate chips with the tsp of cooking oil. Stir until it is smooth and shiny. Pour over cereal and gently mix with a rubber spatula until all pieces are completely coated.
- Add hot chocolate drink mix and powdered sugar to a large zip top bag and shake to combine. Add chocolate coated cereal and shake until the cereal is coated with the mix and there is no more hot chocolate mix left in the bag.
- Pour coated cereal out onto the baking sheet to cool- about 10-15 minutes. When cereal is cool, add in chocolate Chex cereal and mini marshmallows. Gently mix together and serve!
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!