Get ready for a delicious blueberry twist on a classic homemade snack favorite! Blueberry Muddy Buddies Snack Mix isn’t your ordinary quick cereal treat. Made with creamy white chocolate & blueberry Muddy Buddies, salted almonds, crisp Rice Chex cereal and scrumptiously tart berries, this incredibly addictive snack is salty Chex mix and swoon worthy blueberry goodness all wrapped in one!
What You Need To Make Blueberry Muddy Buddy Snack Mix
- Rice Chex cereal
- white melting chocolate
- blueberry muffin mix
- dried or fresh blueberries
- salted almonds
Ok. I could have just stopped at Blueberry Muddy Buddies. Blueberry Muddy Buddies, people. Not regular muddy buddies, but deliciously tart blueberries and dreamy white chocolate all wrapped around crisp cereal kind of muddy buddies. How does that magic even happen? The secret ingredient might surprise you!
How To Make Easy Blueberry Muddy Buddies & Snack Mix (with tips!)
The measurements & particulars are found in the recipe card below.
- Gather all of your ingredients, including one large measuring cup, measuring spoons, one large measuring/mixing bowl, a large mixing bowl, a whisk, a rubber spatula, wax paper and a gallon size zip top bag.
- Measure 5 C of cereal in the large measuring/mixing bowl and set aside.
- In the large measuring cup, heat white chocolate, butter, and vanilla in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and use whisk to stir. Return to microwave and repeat until chocolate and butter are melted and silky smooth. This usually only takes two 30 second sessions. Chocolate and butter will continue to melt as you whisk, so go for a little extra stirring instead of running the risk of burning the chocolate.
- Pour melted white chocolate mixture over cereal. Use the rubber spatula to remove all of the chocolate from the measuring cup. Toss cereal in chocolate mixture until all of the cereal is well coated. I use tongs for this job. They work so much better than a wooden spoon or anything else I’ve tried!
- When the cereal is well coated, add ½ of cereal to zip top bag. Add ½ of blueberry muffin mix (secret ingredient) to bag. This is what will give your muddy buddies that blueberry zing! Seal bag well and shake until all of the cereal is coated. Pour cereal out onto wax paper. Repeat with rest of cereal and muffin mix. Your blueberry muddy buddies are ready to eat!
- To Make Snack Mix: Layer plain cereal, blueberries (fresh or dried- dried berries keep your mix crisp longer), salted almonds and blueberry muddy buddies in large mixing bowl until all ingredients are used. Gently toss and serve!
One bite and you’ll agree. This might be the most addictive snack mix you’ve ever put together. The muffin mix add loads of easy blueberry flavor while the salty almonds and crisp cereal keeps you snacking! Take it anywhere and there probably won’t be any left to bring home. But in case there is, don’t worry! It’s easy to store.
How Long Does this snack mix last?
- Store this muddy buddy snack mix in an air tight container for up to 1 week with dried blueberries or 3-4 days with fresh blueberries.
- The fresh berries will impart some moisture to the mix as time goes on, making it less crispy. 3 days is usually the best window for fresh berry & crunchy cereal snacking.
- The mix does not have to be refrigerated, even with fresh berries.
- This snack mix is perfect for putting together ahead of time. You can even add the fresh berries right before serving if you’re worried about crispness.
Everyone’s always excited to spy a big bowl of muddy buddies at any get together. They know they’re just one scoop or handful away from snack perfection. But nothing compares to the delight that comes with serving this treat! It has all the irresistible flavors of a giant bakery style blueberry muffin wrapped in sweet and salty snack mix heaven. Do you whip some up with coffee while you read a good book? Do you serve it at game night? Movie night? Tailgates? The answer is yes, yes, yes and yes! This is the party snack you just can’t stop snacking on!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Blueberry Muddy Buddy Snack Mix
Blueberry Muddy Buddies
- 5 C Rice Chex
- 1 C white chocolate melting chips
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 C blueberry muffin mix
Snack Mix Add Ins
- 2 C Rice Chex
- 2 C blueberries, fresh or dried
- 2 C salted almonds
- Measure 5 C of cereal in large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a large measuring cup, heat white chocolate, butter, and vanilla in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and use whisk to stir. Return to microwave and repeat until chocolate and butter are melted and silky smooth. (This usually only takes two 30 second sessions.)
- Pour melted white chocolate mixture over cereal. Toss cereal in chocolate mixture until all of the cereal is well coated.
- When the cereal is well coated, add ½ of cereal to zip top bag. Add ½ C blueberry muffin mix to bag. Seal bag well and shake until all of the cereal is coated. Pour cereal out onto wax paper. Repeat with last half of cereal and muffin mix.
- To Make Snack Mix: Layer plain cereal, blueberries, salted almonds and blueberry muddy buddies in large mixing bowl until all ingredients are used. Gently toss and serve!
Other Snack Recipes You’ll Love
- The Best Hot Chocolate Snack Mix
- Dill Ranch Snack Crackers
- White Chocolate PB&J Snack Bites
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Snack Mix
- Apple Spice Caramel Popcorn
- Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!