This easy Chilled Avocado Soup is a no cook, refreshing recipe with a smart Tex Mex kick! Made with rich, creamy avocados, sour cream, a splash of lime, cumin, cool cilantro, cucumber & a jalapeno bite, this delightfully vibrant summer soup can be served as an appetizer or a stand up partner for quesadillas.
What You Need To Make Chilled Avocado Soup
- sour cream
- half & half
- chicken broth
- lime juice
- garlic powder
- dried onion flakes
- cayenne pepper
Avocados are wonderfully delicious and oh-so-good for us. Yes, we can slice them on salad, make guacamole, even whip up some avocado toast, but the fun doesn’t have to stop here. Because avocados are naturally so creamy, they have the perfect texture for an easy, short cut soup. A few minutes in the blender with a little half & half and sour cream renders a velvety smooth finish that just begs to be spooned up and enjoyed.
But let’s not get carried away. Gorgeous texture isn’t the only thing this quick & simple soup has going for it. Bold flavor and vibrant color show up in spades. Think Tex Mex meets country club. A little guacamole. A little cucumbers and cream. Savory, cool, light with just a touch of heady heat. Your spoon will just keep coming back for more!
Tips for making the best avocado soup
- This soup requires ZERO cooking. Simply put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until silky smooth. This is the blender I like to use to get the best results: The Ninja Professional Counter Top Blender. It can power through just about anything in seconds.
- I like to eat this soup chilled, but it can also be served immediately from the blender at room temperature. That means soup in 5 minutes!
- If you want to eat this soup chilled but don’t want to wait 30 minutes for it to cool down in the fridge, all you have to do is a little thinking ahead! “Pre chill” your sour cream, half & half and chicken broth (in the morning before you start your day, for instance). When they are nice and chilled, whip up your soup and eat right away!
- If you don’t eat all your soup in the first sitting (leftovers? I’ve never…), try freezing this soup for the best results!
- Don’t forget the toppings! Tortilla strips or chips and diced cherry tomatoes are an absolute must for me. But we sometimes like to mix it up with the proteins. Try shrimp, crab, chicken, even bacon. All bring some serious yum!
Will this avocado soup turn brown?
- The lime in the soup adds to its zippy taste, but it also should keep your soup from turning brown.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Chilled Avocado Soup
- 2 medium avocados
- ½ medium cucumber, peeled
- 1 C chicken broth
- ½ C sour cream
- ½ C half & half
- ½ C fresh cilantro (a handful)
- 1 medium jalapeno, deseeded & deveined
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion flakes
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- tortilla strips, grape tomatoes, peeled shrimp, optional garnish
- Add ingredients to blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Pour into serving bowl and chill 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with diced cherry tomatoes, tortilla strips and peeled shrimp, if desired.
Other Delicious Soup Recipes You’ll Love
- Chilled Summer Sweet Strawberry Bisque (Strawberries & Cream Soup)
- Creamy Short Cut Parmesan Cauliflower Soup
- Italian Tortellini Soup with Sausage & Spinach
- Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Farmhouse Cheese Soup