Enjoy bold lemony flavor with this easy Lemon Monkey Bread recipe & its rich lemon curd glaze. Canned biscuits, a sprinkle of sweetness and our secret ingredient– jello (that’s right)– make it so easy. Outrageously delicious, moist and full of tart lemon flavor, you’ll swear you’ve captured a bit of sunshine with each bite.
What You Need To Make Lemon Supreme Monkey Bread
- canned biscuits
- box of lemon jello mix
- granulated sugar, confectioner’s sugar
- lemon zest
- lemon curd
- half & half or milk
We started making monkey bread around our house when the kids were little. It was always a fun time in the kitchen. They loved shaking the zip top bags filled with biscuit pieces, sugar and cinnamon (see Tips below) and seeing their creation bake up golden and sticky delicious.
As they got bigger, we got adventurous with our ingredients. This Sausage, Egg & Cheese Brunch Cake is nothing more than a hearty, savory monkey bread loaded with all the breakfast favorites. We’ve even turn monkey bread into muffins with these Cobblestone Apple Muffins and buttery Pull Apart Rolls. To be honest, the possibilities are endless!
But there’s probably not a monkey bread recipe we love as much as this bold, punchy, sticky lemon supreme version. This bright and sunny pull apart bread has all the happy lemon feels that true lemon lovers long for. Supreme, indeed!
The lemon gelatin mix is the secret to getting that perfect tartness throughout. Combined with a little sugar and butter, the gelatin also creates that quintessential sticky bun texture that all scrumptiously sweet monkey breads are known for. This recipe is virtually bursting with lemony goodness!
Other Lemon Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
- Layer Lemon Cake with Lemon Curd Buttercream
- Lemon Basil Squares: New Twist on a Classic
- Classic Lemon Drop Crinkle Cookies
- Mason Jar Lemon Blueberry Lushes
- Raspberry Lemon Butter
Tips for Making the Best Monkey Bread
- Instead of mixing your gelatin, sugar and lemon zest in a bowl and tossing your biscuit pieces, try adding the gelatin, sugar and zest to a large zip top bag. Seal tightly and shake to mix. Open and add 5 or so biscuit pieces to the bag. Seal again and shake to coat. Continue until all pieces are coated. This is the part my kids loved helping with.
- To ensure that my monkey bread never sticks to the pan, I line the bottom of the bundt or tube pan with wax paper. I turn my pan upside down on a large piece of wax paper, trace around the edge with a marker and cut out the circle. I also use my scissors to cut an X in the center where the center post would be. This allows the wax paper circle to slip right down into the bottom of the pan. After the bread bakes, turn the cake out on a cake plate and simply remove the wax paper from the top!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Lemon Supreme Monkey Bread
- bundt or tube pan
- (2) 12 oz canned refrigerated biscuits
- 3/4 C butter, melted
- 1 C granulated sugar
- (1) 3 oz box lemon jello mix
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
Lemon Curd Glaze
- 1/2 C lemon curd
- 2 Tbsp confectioner sugar
- 1 Tbsp half and half
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Grease bundt or tube pan.
- Mix together granulated sugar, jello, and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cut biscuits into quarters. Toss in melted butter, then toss in lemon sugar mixture, coating each piece. Layer coated biscuit pieces in greased tube or bundt pan. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Let cool in pan on cooling rack for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the sides to make sure cake is loose before turning it out on cake plate or pedestal.
Lemon Curd Glaze
- While bread is cooling, whisk together glaze ingredients in a large measuring cup until smooth. Pour over bread while it's still warm and serve.
Making It Easy to Bake & Serve Lemon Desserts
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Lemon Supreme Monkey Bread Recipe***