These easy dinner rolls offer up homemade yeast roll goodness with a simple semi-homemade approach! These tender, buttery rolls are the perfect complement to any holiday or family dinner, not to mention soups & salads. They’re so easy you just might not want to have a meal without them!
What You Need To Make Shortcut Pull Apart Rolls
- refrigerated French bread dough
- dried parsley
There’s hardly anything better than a basket of soft, warm rolls wrapped neatly in a tea towel just waiting to be passed around the table. And when you’re the first to reach in and grab that piping hot bread, it’s like a holiday treasure has found its way into your hands. That experience is made twice as magical when you know you were able to create that homemade experience for you family in just about 30 minutes!
Think it impossible? Not in the least! Throw aside thoughts of kneading and proofing, we love this easy recipe that uses a pre-made french bread dough cut into quarter-sized pieces and pressed into a muffin tin to create a tender, golden roll that tastes just like homemade bread! When it’s this easy, you can have delicious rolls anytime you like!
The holiday baking schedule can a bit tight! Don’t let your rolls be just an after thought. This simple semi-homemade process can bring special back to your roll basket.
Can these rolls be made ahead of time?
- No, they can’t. Once the cans of dough are opened, the dough needs to be baked within 30 minutes or so.
How do I store these rolls?
- If you happen to have leftovers (unheard of!), these rolls can be stored in an air tight container or plastic zip top bag at room temperature for one day.
Can these rolls be frozen?
- These rolls are best when eaten fresh. They can be frozen and reheated later, but the bread will not be soft or tender. That is one of the trade offs when using a pre-made dough.
Shortcut Pull Apart Rolls
- 2 11 oz cans refrigerated French bread dough
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley, optional
- Preheat oven according to the instructions on the cans of dough. Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- Slice dough into 1/2 inch medallions. Then cut the medallions in half. Dip each piece of dough into melted butter. Fill the bottom of each muffin cup with 3 pieces of buttered dough. Top with 3-4 more pieces. Gently press down on the top of the pieces, pressing all of the pieces of dough together. With a pastry brush, coat tops with any remaining butter. Sprinkle with optional parsley for attractive appearance.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow rolls to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from tins.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Cranberry Holiday Butter
- Raspberry Lemon Butter
- Pineapple Mustard Glazed Ham
- Cornbread & Squash Dressing
- Louisiana Dirty Rice
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Shortcut Pull Apart Roll Recipe***
Leave a Reply