Calling all my lemon lovers! These light and lemony sweet, Lemon Drop Crinkle Cookies are just for you! These pretty little bites of sunshine are just bursting with that sweet tartness that puts the pucker in all good things lemon! Plus, with just 6 ingredients, these crinkled classics are so easy to bake, they’re sure to become your new favorite lemon dessert.
What You Need to Make Lemon Drop Crinkle Cookies
- lemon cake mix
- cooking oil
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- confectioner’s sugar
This is one of those recipes that has been around forever, so you know it is full of the good stuff. And because this recipe relies on a boxed lemon cake mix as its base, the measuring woes that make most baking so tricky are virtually eliminated. It also cuts down on the number of ingredients needed to bake great cookies and makes mixing up the dough a snap!
Friends popping over for a glass of tea on the porch? Last minute invitation to a cookout? This classic lemon cookie recipe is just the sort of thing you need in your back pocket to whip up in a hot minute.
Aside from the cake mix, the other magic ingredient in this classic recipe is the powdered sugar. The soft dough can sort of feel like a sticky mess until it gets a quick dusting and roll in every confectioner’s friend. It’s light sweetness brings out the tartness of the lemon. And it’s the powdered sugar that creates the pretty little crinkles as the cookies bloom and bake in the oven.
I haven’t met a soul yet who could resist falling in love with a good lemon cookie. Light and sweetly tart, this easy classic recipe lets you whip a good lemon cookie any time the occasion calls for it. And if your house is anything like mine (which I bet it is), once you whip them up, friends and family will be asking for them again and again!
Lemon Drop Crinkle Cookies
- 1 15.25 oz. box lemon cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 C confectioner's sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, mix all ingredients except powdered sugar in a medium bowl on low just until ingredients are well incorporated. Don't over mix.
- Put powdered sugar in a small plate or shallow dish. Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls into the sugar. Coat and roll dough into 1" balls. Place on lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes or until bottoms are only slightly browned. Do not let bottoms get over browned or cookies won't be light and fluffy.
Making it Easy To Bake & Serve
*** Pin these Lemon Drop Crinkle Cookies***