This stuffed cheesy bread is loaded with cream cheese, chicken and green chiles! The hot, crispy crust, the melted cheese pull, and the hearty filling of savory rotisserie chicken and chiles make this one of those warm, welcoming eats that you just can’t put down. It’s perfect game day or party food and really shows out when paired with soup or salad!
What You Need To Make Green Chile Chicken Stuffed Bread
- large loaf of French bread
- rotisserie chicken
- diced green chiles
- cream cheese
- shredded Colby Jack cheese
- yellow onion
- chicken broth
- salt, pepper, garlic
This is one of those easy dishes that no one can seem to get enough of. The warm cream cheese chicken filling seems to lie somewhere between a hot dip and a spread. And the warm, crusty outside and soft, tender insides of the French bread play the perfect supporting role for both! Plus, using rotisserie chicken is like some kind of genius magic that makes prep quick and clean up a breeze. Forget multiple pots and pans when you’re throwing this together!
I made this the other night for The Engineer. He had carefully planned his day so that he would have his to-do list tidily wrapped up and be ready for kick off of the Cowboy game. His Dallas Cowboys. He’s faithfully watched and rooted since he was 5 and Roger Staubach was leading them across the goal line. We’ve lived through it all- Tommy Landry, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Deon, Romo. Lord have mercy.
You never know what you might get, so I was going to make sure at least dinner good. We had it with simple Southwestern Chopped Salad. One bite of that warm bread, stuffed with all that goodness, and he was hooked. Who cares what happened with the game (I’m sure he did), the food was a winner!
I made two loaves of this Stuffed Green Chile Chicken bread thinking I might give one a way. But The Engineer devoured all of the first and declared that he wanted to have the second for supper the next day. Which we did. It’s already been requested to make a third appearance, and I’m sure I will oblige. After all, isn’t that what good food is all about?
Green Chile Chicken Stuffed Bread
- 1 large loaf French bread
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 oz diced green chiles
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ C chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 C shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Using a bread knife remove the center of the french bread loaf and create a hollow for filling. Set aside.
- Remove breasts from rotisserie chicken & shred. Cut up and store rest of chicken.
- In a large skillet stove top, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute until translucent. Add green chiles (not drained) and garlic. Stir well. Add shredded chicken, salt & pepper, broth and stir to mix. Cube cream cheese and add to skillet. Stir to melt.
- When all ingredients are well combined, fill hollow of bread with warm filling. Top with Colby Jack cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let cool for 5 minutes. Carefully slice and serve.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Taco Hand Pies
- Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread
- Ultimate Creamy Chicken Dip
- Hawaiian Popper Crescent Rolls
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Green Chile Chicken Stuffed Bread Recipe***