You don’t need a coffee shop close by or even a bottle of store bought coffee creamer to enjoy a Peppermint Mocha Coffee Drink with this quick and easy coffee creamer recipe. Homemade Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer is rich and chocolatey with smooth cream and just the right amount of cheery peppermint! It beats anything you can buy and available whenever you get the craving.
I’ll admit I am totally addicted to peppermint mocha coffees during the month of December (and possibly beyond… but that’s my business). I wait all year, dreaming of starting my day with countless hot cups rich chocolatey, pepperminty coffee goodness.
But apparently so does everyone else because my grocery store is often completely sold out of peppermint mocha coffee creamer. I can buy none, nada, nothing, not a drop.
RELATED RECIPE: Easy Mexican Hot Chocolate Recipe
So what’s a girl to do? Go without? Hush your mouth. It’s Christmas and there are cups of cheer that must be had.
So we make our own! And let’s be honest, it’s not only better– more chocolate, rich cream, real deal peppermint— it’s super easy and quick. Not to mention 100% available all the time.
I’ll walk through an overview of ingredients & steps in this section along with helpful tips!
Look for specifics at the end of the post in the recipe card.
- evaporated milk
- whipping cream
- dark chocolate cocoa powder
- peppermint extract
- vanilla extract
How to Make Homemade Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
Mix Ingredients. On the stove top over medium to low heat, whisk together all ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
Bring to a Simmer. Cocoa powder will begin to dissolve as the milk and cream heats and you continue to whisk. Continue to whisk until creamer is smooth and begins to simmer (about 5 minutes). Adjust the heat if you need to so the cream or sugar doesn’t scorch.
Store. Remove from heat. Pour into a jar or small carafe. Use immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
How To Store Homemade Coffee Creamer?
Store coffee creamer in the refrigerator in a small carafe you can cover or mason jar with a lid. Unlike some creamers, this one will not separate when it cools and doesn’t have to be shaken or stirred before using.
How Long Will Peppermint Mocha Creamer Last?
Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer will probably last longer in the fridge than it will take for you to use it all up! Expect it to last 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator if covered tightly.
Give it as a Gift
Find a cute coffee cup, fill it with goodies like chocolates and candy canes. Put it in a gift bag with this creamer for a deliciously charming little gift for the coffee lover in your life! It will be the best they’ve ever tasted, and they’ll never forget it!
More Coffee Creamer Recipes
- Homemade Cinnamon Roll Coffee Creamer
- Butterscotch Coffee Creamer
- Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Creamer
- Pumpkin Mocha Coffee Creamer
- Cherry Mocha Coffee Creamer
- Homemade Blueberry Muffin Coffee Creamer
Homemade Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 ounces)
- 1 cup half and half cream
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- On the stove top over medium heat, whisk together all ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
- Cocoa powder will begin to dissolve as the milk and cream heats and you continue to whisk.
- Continue to whisk until creamer is smooth and begins to simmer (about 5 minutes). Be careful not to let the cream or sugar scorch as you whisk.
- Remove from heat. Pour into a jar or small carafe. Use immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.