This zesty little snack cracker recipe comes together so quickly & easily when you’re wanting something more than chips or nuts to munch on game day or more than just a plain cracker to accompany your soup, sandwich or salad. With a simple homemade Ranch seasoning mix using herbs & spices from your cabinet, a little olive oil & oyster crackers, you’ll be snacking away in no time!
Seasoned oyster crackers are a crazy little snack that has been around for years. Everyone loves them. And it’s no mystery why. Full of crispy, crunchy, savory, salty goodness, these little bite sized gems are so easy to pick up and pop in your mouth. When they’re set out in a bowl or dish, everyone finds themselves going back more. It can’t be helped. They’re just that hard to resist!
RELATED RECIPE: Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix
Since this snack has been around for so long, there are tons of versions and varieties. My people are kind of partial to this Dill Ranch cracker recipe for two reasons. #1. Ranch seasoning (why do we all love this stuff so much??) #2. Dill And when you put those two together? Well, you just better watch out. There is some kind of addictive magic that happens.
And did I mention versatile? You might always want to have a batch of these Dill Ranch Snack Crackers on hand. Perfect for an afternoon snack when you need just a little crunch, game days, tail gates, parties, on a charcuterie board (be still me heart!), packaged in little jars as gifts or favors, on a salad, with soup… I’m getting a craving just thinking about it!
Ingredients for Dill Ranch Snack Crackers
- oyster crackers
- grated Parmesan
- dried dill
- dried parsley
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- lemon juice
- olive oil
It doesn’t take a lot to gather a crowd when the food is good and the welcome is warm. And these crackers are sure to be a hit every time you serve them!
Tips for Making the Best Baked Snack Crackers
- If you don’t want to make your own Ranch seasoning using the herbs and spices listed, you could always just use a Ranch seasoning packet from your grocery store. You would still want to add 1 tablespoon of dill and toss with olive oil.
- Melted butter is a delicious substitute for olive oil if you don’t happen to have any olive oil on hand.
- For a little kick, add 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. We love this spicy addition.
- If you happen to have any of these Dill Ranch Snack Crackers leftover (surely not!) or have made them in advance of your party or get together, make sure you store them in an airtight container or zip bag so they stay fresh! They will stay crispy for 2-3 days.
Other Snack Recipes You’ll Love
- Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix
- Southern Cheese Straws
- Honey Spiced Pecans
- White Chocolate PB&J Cracker Snack Bites
- Easy Roasted Peanuts in the Shell
Dill Ranch Snack Crackers
- 9 oz oyster crackers
- ⅓ C grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ C olive oil
- Preheat oven to 250° Fahrenheit.
- Mix together all dry ingredients. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice.
- Gently toss crackers oil and lemon juice. When fully coated, stir in seasonings mix a little at time until all mix has been added and crackers are covered.
- Pour out onto large baking sheet. Spread into a single layer. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool completely (5-10 minutes) before serving.