This recipe speaks for itself- buttery, flaky crescent rolls, stuffed with a cream cheese and chicken filling and smothered in a cheesy cream sauce. In short, Chicken Stuffed Crescent Rolls are quite simply divine. There are one or two other versions of this recipe floating around the Internet, but there is nothing that comes close to this one my mamaw brought home from her little Louisiana beauty shop. Yes, the beauty shop. The source from which everything flows in a small southern town. The latest in style, class, local news, wisdom and, for all practical purposes, some of the best recipes that have ever been swapped. All done under dryer and cape. Those ladies knew their stuff and then some.
If ever there was a recipe that did the reputation of the southern beauty shop proud, it’s this one. These stuffed crescent rolls just beg to be served at the family table. With all the feels of a proper comfort food, these little savory pastries are perfect for week nights when you want to slow down and bring everyone together, Sunday dinners, and even hold their own quite nicely with the cranberry sauce and cornbread dressing at holidays.
What You Need to Make Chicken Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- 4 chicken breasts
- cream cheese
- chicken broth
- cream of chicken soup (if you don’t prefer the canned version, it’s easy to make your own)
- evaporated milk
- cheddar cheese
- crescent rolls
Chicken stuffed crescent rolls start with sauteeing onions in butter. You know a recipe is going to be good when it starts out this way, and the house starts to fill with the smells of supper. Then the magic really starts to happen with you take the pan off the heat, mix in the cream cheese until it’s just melted goodness and stir in the chicken. This heavenly mixture might require a taste test or two. You know… ahem, just to make sure you’ve got it right…
Then spoonful by spoonful, little heavenly pockets are stuffed, rolled up and placed in 9×13 baking dishes.
Covered in sauce and cheese, comfort food perfection is ready for your 350 degree oven. It only takes 30 minutes…!
You won’t have to call your family twice for these. They’ve probably been hovering around the kitchen the minute you started on this little beauty shop recipe journey. And I don’t blame them. This recipe is what good food and memories are all about.
A Few Things You Might Need to Make This Yummy Recipe!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Chicken Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- 4 chicken breasts boiled and diced
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 cans crescent rolls 32 rolls
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup 10.5 oz each
- 2 C chicken broth
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 2 C grated cheddar cheese
- Sautee diced onion in a large pan with 2 Tbsp. butter. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese. Stir until melted and mixed well with onions. Add chicken and mix well again.Spoon a generous Tbsp of chicken mixture onto the wide end of each crescent roll. Roll crescent roll towards point of roll and tuck in the sides.Place stuffed rolls about 1/2 inch apart in a 9x13 baking dish. (This recipe usually requires 2-3 baking dishes.)In a sauce pan or medium-low heat (or in the microwave) combine the cream of chicken soup, broth and milk. Heat just until well combined.Pour sauce over rolls until rolls are covered. Top with grated cheese.Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.