If you loved our #1 Louisiana Dirty Rice recipe, you’re going to be all in for this easy Beef & Mushroom Rice dish! Earthy mushrooms, seasoned beef and some onion soup mix is all it takes to make this home-cooked comfort food. It’s simple heartiness is perfect as a side dish or even as the main dish and will keep your family coming back for more!
What Do You Need To Make Beef & Mushroom Rice
- long grain rice
- ground beef
- white button mushrooms
- beef broth
- yellow onion
- dried onion soup
- minced garlic, salt, pepper
The Engineer and my dad love, and I do mean LOVE, rice. There is no end to the number of nights they will request it to round out a meal. They love it plain, brown, fried, short or long. But there is no comparison to the way they go on and on about a rice dish loaded with all the good things that satisfy the soul.
And it’s obvious why this dish fits that bill. All those delicious mushrooms and the long grain rice simmers in a hearty beef broth seasoned with onion soup mix, soaking up as much golden rich flavor as they can hold! Add just the right amount of ground beef, and you’ve got a dish that do just about anything.
I love to serve this Beef & Mushroom Rice with a green salad and some perfectly buttered cornbread. But even more so, I love the silence that falls across the table as everyone digs in to meal that just tastes like home.
Beef & Mushroom Rice
- 1.5 C uncooked long grain rice
- 1.5 lbs white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 ¼ C beef broth (18 oz)
- 1 envelope dried onion soup
- ¼ C chives, or green onions, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground meat with diced yellow onion, minced garlic, salt & pepper. After browning, drain off any fat & set aside.
- In separate large skillet or dutch oven, add rice, broth, sliced mushrooms and dried soup mix. Sitr to combine. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Reduce to a simmer, cover and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in browned ground beef and chopped chives and serve.
Southern Discourse Pro Tip:
When choosing your mushrooms, choose ones whose caps haven’t pulled away from the stem. This is an easy way to make sure you’re getting the freshest mushrooms with the best taste for your dish!
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Louisiana Dirty Rice
- Easy Louisiana Gumbo with Green Chile Rice
- ‘Down for the Count’ Pineapple Chicken & Phil’s Fried Rice
- Rustic Creamy Wild Rice and Chicken Portobella Soup
- Ultimate Tomatoes & Okra Skillet with Sausage over Rice
Making It Easy to Host & Serve
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!