Rich & delicious brussel sprouts with bacon, simmered in white wine, butter, garlic, salt & pepper and topped with shredded Parmesan make some kind of side dish! Cooked just right in a cast iron skillet, these sprouts have it all- carmelized edges, golden outsides and sweet centers. Say hello to your new favorite veggie!
What You Need To Make Parmesan Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- brussel sprouts
- thick sliced bacon
- Parmesan cheese
- white wine
- salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, minced garlic
The Engineer is mad for brussel sprouts. He absolutely loves them. And while he is the main consumer of these strange little cabbage-like veggies in our house, there is something delicious about these skillet seared sprouts that all of us find ourselves digging when they’re served up. Blame it on the bacon (hey, hey!), the rich sauce they simmer in or the generous sprinkle of Parmesan that tops them off. These sprouts are nothing like the boiled versions. There’s a little magic here, and it’s mouthwateringly, savory good!
Parmesan brussel sprouts are the perfect partner for steak. But they also make for a delicious meal with cornbread dressing, which means they have just the right touch for your holiday table, pairing with turkey or ham, sweet potatoes and the like as if it were meant to be!
I know that brussel sprout sometimes gets a bad rap. I’ve been guilty of it too. But one taste of these carmelized edges, tender leaves and sweet centers that have been simmered and tossed in a sauce that’s to die for? You’ll be hooked! And you’ll wonder where this funny little veggie’s been all your life.
Parmesan Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- 24 oz brussel sprouts, halved
- 4-5 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 C white wine
- ½ C shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet , fry bacon, place on a paper towel lined plate, then rough chop. Set aside.
- Pour off remaining bacon grease EXCEPT for 1 Tbsp. Keep that in the pan and any little bits of bacon that have been left in or stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Place skillet back on stove top at medium heat. Pour ½ of the white wine in the skillet, slowly stirring, removing any stuck bits from the bottom of the pan. When everything has been removed from the bottom of the pan, add butter. Stir to melt. Add salt, garlic and peppers.
- Add halved brussel sprouts. Toss in the pan to coat with sauce. Add rest of white wine. Cover and let simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring intermittently to keep from overbrowning. Sprouts are done when they are fork tender. Before removing from pan, add chopped bacon. Stir. Then top with Parmesan cheese and allow to melt before removing from pan and serving.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Sauteed Green Beans with Mushrooms & Bacon
- Beef & Mushroom Rice
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Asparagus
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Cornbread & Squash Dressing
Making It Easy To Host & Serve
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
***Pin This Brussel Sprouts Recipe***