If you love a warm biscuit piled high with sticky sweet figs and topped with bacon, then this, my friends, is absolutely the recipe for you! Tantalizingly sweet & savory, Bacon Fig Pizza is topped with dried (or fresh) figs, fig preserves, chopped bacon, goat cheese and shaved Parmesan. A true comfort food, this wonderful flat bread recipe is perfect for brunch, dinner or as an appetizer!
What You Need To Make Bacon Fig Pizza
- 2 mini pre-made pizza crusts
- dried (or fresh) figs
- fig preserves
- goat cheese crumbles
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- olive oil, garlic powder, cracked black pepper
My dad loves figs. He always has. To be honest, his thing is fig preserves. He likes them made with whole figs, cooked down molasses dark, super sticky and sweet. He’s all about it and then some. So it’s no surprise the first bite I ever had of fig pizza, I knew I was going to have to make it for him.
Even so, I knew it was going to be a bit of a hard sell to get my dad on board. Figs and pizza. Probably not words he would put together. Ever. Oh, but I knew I had to try. The warm crust reminded me of Saturday morning biscuits straight from the oven. Mild, soft goat cheese perfectly complementing the rich, earthiness of the figs and salty bacon. All at once subtly sweet yet addictingly savory. Figs and pizza were downright intoxicating! The fig lover that he was, I knew my dad needed this in his life.
So I gathered my resolve and made that man a fig pizza. He eyed it a bit warily. Tasted it a bit tentatively. The soft crust, the sticky figs… That was all it took. He was hooked… and bad After that, he asked me every time he came to my house if we were having it. Every. Single. Time. I secretly loved it. Good food is just good food, no matter what. Poor guy. You’d think I’d want to make him a fig pizza or something.
Bacon Fig Pizza
- 2 mini pre-prepared pizza crusts or flatbread
- olive & garlic powder
- 6 slices bacon, rough chopped
- 6-8 dried (or fresh) figs, sliced
- 3 Tbsp fig preserves
- 2-3 Tbsp goat cheese crumbles
- 2 Tbsp shaved Parmesan
- Cracked black pepper
- balsamic glaze, optional
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Brush flatbread or pizza crusts with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with garlic powder. Place in preheated oven for 5-8 min until lightly browned and crisped.
- While pizza crusts are in the oven, cook bacon. Rough chop bacon after cooking.
- To assemble pizzas, use the back of a spoon to create a thin layer of fig preserves on pizza crusts, leaving about 1/2" around the edges. Place bacon and dried figs on top of the preserves. Top with goat cheese crumbles and shaved Parmesan.
- Put back in 425° oven for another 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and add black pepper. Drizzle with balsamic glaze if desired.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Pear & Fig Salad with Molasses Vinaigrette
- Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
- Rustic Pear Galette
- Louisiana Dirty Rice
- Mamaw’s Fresh Apple Cake
- Blackberry Fruit Pizza
Making it Easy to Host & Serve
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Let me be the first to say “yummy”. All my favorite ingredients.
Hi, JRT! I am just tickled to hear you say that! Some of my favorite ingredients too!