This easy-to-follow Pepper Crusted Pork Tenderloin recipe uses a simple, wonderfully aromatic cracked peppercorn rub, plus Dijon mustard, to create a delightful main dish that is perfect for family meals or holiday dinners. First, seared in a cast iron skillet to seal in the juices then baked in an oven, this Perfect Pepper Crusted Pork Loin is melt in your mouth tender with a fiery little pepper kick!
What You Need To Make The Perfect Pepper Crusted Pork Loin
- 2lb pork tenderloin
- cracked black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- minced garlic
- dijon mustard
- olive oil
Every now and then, you’ve just got to spice things up! And this little tenderloin recipe with its peppercorn crust comes in mighty handy whenever those times happen to roll around. This fail proof recipe creates a gorgeous main dish that doesn’t require a lot of fuss or break the bank but still delivers all the bang just as if it did!
Just look at that tender and juicy tenderloin and that peppercorn crust. All that pepper has a wonderfully spicy, earthy aroma that invitingly beckons your family and guests to the table and compliments a whole host of side dishes. And the pork loin itself is a deliciously tender white meat that is as heartily satisfying as red meat.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it can prepared on the grill too! Wow, just imagine those delicious aromas tickling your nose and making mouthwatering promises of a perfect meal to come!
The Perfect Pepper Crusted Pork Loin
- 2 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 Tbsp cracked black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Combine cracked peppercorns, red pepper and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pat pork loin dry with paper towel. Rub with mustard and garlic, covering all sides and ends. Now, coat all sides and ends with peppercorn rub.
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet. When hot, place tenderloin in skillet and sear on all sides. Use tongs to carefully turn the tenderloin. If some of the rub sticks, just scrape from the bottom of the skillet and pat back onto pork loin.
- When pork loin has been seared, place in baking dish and bake at 375° until an inner temperature of 145-150 has been reached (about 40-45 minutes). Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
What to Serve with Pepper Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- Horseradish Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese & Garlic
- Sauteed Green Beans with Bacon & Mushrooms
- Layered Strawberry Jello Salad
- Strawberry Sweet Tea
- Gooey Black Bottom Pecan Pie Brownies
Is this a spicy recipe?
- Yes, it is! But you can cut back its fieriness by using only half of the amounts of the peppers in your rub.
Can I cook this in the slow cooker instead of the oven or grill?
- Sure! Your peppercorn crust won’t be as “crusty,” but the flavor will still be there. Add 1- 1 1/2 C of beef broth to your crock pot before adding your pepper crusted pork loin, then cook for 4 hours on low.
Making it Easy to Host & Serve
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
***Pin The Perfect Pepper Crusted Pork Loin Recipe!***