Caramelized in a rich sweet savory blend of honey, garlic, butter, chicken broth & thyme, Garlic Honey Glazed Carrots have what it takes to make every night special! This simple oven roasted side dish is easy enough for weeknights and a showstopper on holidays.
And, OH, the aromas! Get ready to breathe deep as your home fills with warm welcoming smells as these carrots roast in their subtly sweet & savory glaze. Who knew carrots would be something you’d look forward to? Who knew they could be so richly delicious? Who knew having seconds would be something you were already thinking about?
This easy recipe bathes tender roasted carrots in golden honey, rich butter, herbs and spices to create a wonderfully delicious & aromatic side dish. The honey and butter celebrate the carrot’s own natural sweetness , while the garlic, herbs and broth dance to the hearty side of this humble root vegetable.
Ingredients for Garlic Honey Glazed Carrots
- whole carrots
- minced garlic
- chicken broth
- dried thyme
- salt & pepper
How to Make Easy Honey Glazed Garlic Butter Carrots
It’s almost shameful when a side dish this good is so simple to make. All you really need is a sturdy vegetable brush, a good knife and a cast iron skillet and you’re in business! And when the prepping is out of the way, the oven does the work which frees you to whip up the rest of your meal.
- Don’t worry about peeling your carrots. You can if you just want to, but it’s really not necessary. Scrubbing your carrots really well with a vegetable brush will remove any dirt and soften the skin. So just give them a vigorous scrub under cool to warm water and then pat them dry.
- When chopping carrots, I cut mine on a diagonal. This gives them a nice look and lets your guests know right away they’re eating fresh carrots!
- Make sure to cut your carrots approximately the same size– 1″ to 1.5″ pieces- so that all of the pieces cook the same in relatively the same amount of time.
- Your carrots are roasted perfectly when the pieces from the large end of the carrot are fork tender. Be careful not to over cook them! A little bit of bite is a big part of their success as a dish. When testing your carrots, think slightly firm sweet potato.
- When roasting, make sure your carrots are in a single layer across the bottom of your skillet. These allows the carrots to cook evenly.
Making Ahead & Reheating
- Want to make this dish ahead of time when prepping for the holidays? You can clean, chop and store your carrots for a couple days before you intend to make this dish. The rest of the dish needs to be made the day you intend to serve it.
- Reheating this dish is easy. I prefer to reheat these carrots in a 325 degree Fahrenheit oven for 5-10 minutes. However, honey glazed carrots can also be reheated in the microwave and still taste delicious. Just make sure not to over heat them because they can become mushy.
- This dish does not lend itself to freezing.
Carrots aren’t usually the star of the show or something everyone fights to get on their plate. But from the very first tempting aroma to the first helping on your plate, these easy Garlic Honey Glazed Carrots are certain to change all that. Don’t be surprised when you’ve got a new favorite vegetable to serve!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Garlic Honey Glazed Carrots
- cast iron skillet
- 2 lbs whole carrots
- 4 Tbsp real butter
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon honey
- ¼ C chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Wash carrots well with a vegetable brush. Peeling is not necessary. Slice in 1" to 1.5" pieces on the diagonal. Set aside.
- In a 12-13" cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and stir until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat. Quickly stir in honey until well mixed. Stir in broth, thyme, salt & pepper. Add carrots and toss until completely coated. When carrots are coated, make sure they are arranged in a singe layer on the bottom of the skillet. Place skillet in preheated oven to roast for 25 minutes.
- At least 3 times during roasting, stir carrots to coat again with honey glaze, keeping carrots in a single layer on the bottom of the skillet. Remove from oven when carrots are browned and fork tender.
Other Vegetable Side Dishes You’ll Love
- Southern Zucchini Squash Casserole
- Parmesan Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Asparagus
- Tuscan Butter Mushrooms
- Slow Cooker Blackeyed Peas & Ham
- Sauteed Green Beans with Mushrooms & Bacon
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!