Skillet Roasted Lemon Asparagus is a quick and easy side dish that can elevate almost any meal! It’s no secret that I am not a huge fan veggies. I don’t mind them so much in the raw, like in a salad. But there’s just something about salty, lemony roasted asparagus that I can’t pass up!
What You Need To Make Skillet Roasted Lemon Asparagus
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Parmesan cheese
Asparagus is one of those foods I didn’t grow up eating. We ate pretty much those things that could be found in any little country garden- peas, beans, corn, okra, tomatoes, peppers… and asparagus just wasn’t one of those things.
Who knows why. I do know that if you grow asparagus, it takes several years to mature and takes up permanent residence in your garden. Maybe that was the reason we never had it.
The part of the plant you do eat is just what you see in the store- little stalks that shoot up from ground in the spring, cut off right above the soil, bundled up and sold to you and I so that we can roast them up and munch until our heart’s content!
And how delicious these tender little shoots are! A little olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon and just about 10 minutes in the oven is all you need for the perfect crisp tender side dish that compliments just about any meal!
Skillet Roasted Lemon Asparagus
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest, about one medium lemon
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and lemon zest in a flat dish. Add trimmed asparagus and coat thoroughly with mixture.
- Place coated asparagus in cast iron skillet and roast in oven for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve!
Other Delicious Side Dishes You Might Enjoy!
- Sauteed Green Beans with Bacon & Mushrooms
- Horseradish Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese & Garlic
- 7 Best Fruit Salad Recipes
Pretties & Practicals You Might Need
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!