We’re bridging the gap between summer and back to school with some delicious new meal ideas this week! Shredded Chicken BBQ Sandwiches from the crock pot and a Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole still feel like summer while making meals easy for busy weeknights.
Many of your kiddos have started back to school or are in the throes of getting ready to! That’s why this week’s meals feature an easy crock pot recipe, plus 2- 9×13 casseroles to help you get back into the swing of things. But let’s be honest, it’s still hot and it’s still summer. So, we’re eating seasonally while we can!
This Week’s Secret To Success
- It’s August and we’re making use of all that fresh zucchini that just keeps coming in from the garden!
- Use it in the Zucchini Squash Casserole and for your Zucchini Chips.
- Still have zucchini to use? Add diced zucchini to the Bacon Egg Croissant Breakfast Casserole and sneak a few more veggies into your day.
- Use jalapeños in the watermelon salad and in the cornbread. You can even dice one or two and add them to the Spinach Artichoke Casserole for a kick!
- What can you pick up at the Farmer’s Market or use from your own garden?
- yellow/ sweet and green onions
- cherry tomatoes
- red bell pepper
Dessert This Week!
What could be better than scooping up a delicious ray of sunshine? That’s just what you get when serve this dreamy Coconut Pineapple Trifle with it’s layers of crushed pineapple, tender yellow pineapple cake, rich cream cheese pudding filling, all piled high with whipped topping and toasted coconut. Get ready for a little taste of paradise!
Here’s What We’re Snacking On
These thin, salty, crispy Zucchini Chips are the perfect little zucchini snack or side dish! No breading, just zucchini, these crunchy fried zucchini crisps will make you forget all about your regular chips and dip!
Making Breakfast Easy
Cook breakfast once and enjoy it all week long! Loaded with bacon, eggs, cheese and tomatoes, this Egg & Bacon Croissant Breakfast Casserole uses flaky, buttery grocery store bakery croissants to create a gorgeously delicious breakfast or brunch recipe that’s so incredibly easy to make!
New To Monday Menu?
Southern Discourse subscribers receive Monday Menus directly in their email inboxes, along with a little weekly encouragement. Here at Southern Discourse we’re bringing connection & friendship back to the table by wrapping everything in the faith and grace from which true hospitality springs!
Subscribe to join our community and receive your Monday Menu + enriching food for the soul every week!