Classic chicken and rice meets creamy, cheesy spinach artichoke dip in this Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole recipe with rice for an amazingly delicious all-in-one comfort dish that’s dreamy indulgent and perfect for every occasion!
If you crave the comfort of melty, delicious spinach artichoke dip, then you’re going to love this cheesy chicken and rice casserole! Tender chicken, artichoke hearts, fresh baby spinach, roasted red bell peppers, rice and 2 cheeses are soaked in a creamy sour cream sauce then baked to a bubbly golden brown! Serve it with crusty garlic bread to create a cozy meal that’ll warm heart and soul.
Who knew rice and veggies could be melt-in-your-mouth delicious? But it doesn’t stop there. This recipe also makes a great side dish casserole. Simply eliminate the chicken to create a cheesy rice & vegetable dish that’s perfect for holidays. Low carbing it? Try it with cauliflower rice.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole Ingredients
- baby spinach (You can also use 10 oz. frozen spinach. Just thaw and squeeze until dry.)
- artichoke hearts
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- roasted red bell pepper
- white rice
- real mayonnaise
- sour cream
- cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- chicken broth
- salt, pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes (optional)
How To Make Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole with Rice
Prep. Boil and shred chicken, Make rice (I use Minute Rice to make prep easy), and chop spinach, artichoke hearts and roasted red bell pepper.
Make the Casserole. Mix chicken, rice and all the vegetables together with 1 cup of the parmesan cheese and spoon evenly into a large casserole dish.
Make the Sauce. Whisk together cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, chicken broth and seasonings. Evenly pour sauce over the casserole. Use a fork to “fluff” the casserole and help the sauce get down into all the nooks and crannies.
Bake. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until cheese begins to brown and edges are bubbly.
Make Ahead or Freeze
This deliciously creamy and cheesy casserole is perfect for freezing or making ahead, which means it can be an amazing go-to when having guests, during the holidays or as a freezer meal for a friend or neighbor in need!
This recipe can be frozen before it’s baked as a freezer meal or make ahead option or afterwards for storing leftovers. To reheat, simply thaw in the refrigerator and then bake according to instructions. If reheating leftovers, make sure to cover with foil when baking again or just reheat individual servings in the microwave.
Make a day in advance by putting casserole together, but not baking. Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator. Uncover and bake the next day according to recipe instructions.
Other Comfort Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
- Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Classic Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- Out of this World Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
If You Make This Recipe, I Can’t Wait To Hear About It!
Leave A Comment & Rating Below Or Snap A Photo To Share.
Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, boiled & shredded
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 8 cups baby spinach, de-stemmed & chopped
- 12 ounce jarred or canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 12 ounce jar roasted red bell pepper, diced
- 1.5 cups shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Spray a large casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Boil chicken and cook rice according to instructions. Make sure to salt both when cooking. Set aside.
- Chop spinach, roasted red bell pepper and artichoke hearts. Combine in a large mixing bowl with shredded chicken, cooked riced and 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese. Spoon evenly into sprayed casserole dish.
- In mixing bowl, now whisk together cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, broth, salt, pepper, and oregano. Evenly pour sauce over casserole. Use a fork to "fluff" casserole to make sure sauce soaks into all of the casserole. Top with the rest of Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes (if using).
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges and cheese is beginning to brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply