What could be better than scooping up a delicious ray of sunshine? That’s just what you get when serve this dreamy Coconut Pineapple Trifle with it’s layers of crushed pineapple, tender yellow pineapple cake, rich cream cheese pudding filling, all piled high with whipped topping and toasted coconut. Get ready for a little taste of paradise!
What You Need To Make Dreamy Coconut Pineapple Trifle
- yellow cake mix (+ ingredients to make cake)
- crushed pineapple
- sweetened flake coconut
- whipped topping
- cream cheese
- instant vanilla pudding mix
- chopped pecans
The light and refreshing taste of pineapple and coconut are a pure heaven when layered with the rich cream cheese pudding filling and fluffy whipped topping of this dessert. Together, they just sing spring, summer and sunshine all rolled into one.
But the layers are just one of the many reasons to love this dessert. This Coconut Pineapple Trifle is an easy showstopper. The pedestal dish, easy layers, and piles of whipped topping all say star. But there’s no tedious decorating, frosting, special tools or technique required to make a trifle. Just pile it all in and go! Every cookout, party, potluck or special weekend needs a gorgeous centerpiece that’s a cinch to pull together and everyone will love.
Not to mention, this dessert gets better as it sits. All of that gorgeously sweet and sunshiney pineapple seeps and soaks into the cake as it chills in the fridge. With every passing hour, this trifle only gets better and better, which makes it the perfect make ahead dessert for any meal or event.
If you’re looking to serve up a little sunshine and lots of smiles, then this layered trip to paradise is just the thing!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Other Cool & Refreshing Dessert Recipes You’ll Love!
- Lemon Basil Squares: A Southern Classic with A Twist
- Honey Lime Fruit Tart with Sugar Cookie Crust
- Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Curd Buttercream
- Tropical Orange Jello Salad
- Lemon Blueberry Lushes
Dreamy Coconut Pineapple Trifle
- 1 box yellow cake mix + ingredients to make cake
- (2) 20 oz cans crushed pineapple in pineapple juice
- 1.5 C sweetened flaked coconut + 1 TBSP
- 16 oz whipped topping
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- (1) 3.4 oz box vanilla instant pudding
- 2 C milk
- 1/2 C chopped pecans
- Drain crushed pineapple, saving the pineapple juice.
- Follow instructions to bake cake in 13x9 pan. Substitute water in ingredients list with drained pineapple juice. Remove cake from oven. Allow to cool and cut into 1 inch squares.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend together pudding mix, milk, cream cheese and 1 C of the whipped topping until pudding begins to set, about 5 minutes.
- Toast 1 Tbsp flaked coconut in oven under broiler setting. Set aside.
- In a trifle dish or large clear bowl, layer:-cake cubes to cover the bottom-1/2 of drained crushed pineapple and any leftover pineapple juice-1/4 C flaked coconut-1/2 of pudding filling-1/2 of whipped toppingRepeat layer.
- Top last layer of whipped topping with chopped pecans and toasted coconut. Serve immediately or chill for 30 minutes before serving. It's even better the next day!
*** Pin This Coconut Pineapple Trifle***
Absolutely delicious Trifle Cake. This is the first trifle cake I have ever tried and I loved the combo of cake, pudding, whip cream, sweetened coconut and pecans. Would highly recommend–delicious!
Hi, Veena! I am so tickled that you loved this trifle recipe. I truly think it is DREAMY! And don’t you just love the ease of a trifle? Hard to beat!
Thanks For Sharing this amazing recipe. My family loved it. I will be sharing this recipe with my friends. Hope the will like it.
I’m in the middle of making this and a bit confused on the layering. It says 1/4 cup of coconut and then repeat… but there’s 1 1/2 cups. Where does the other cup come into it?
Hi, Denise! The last step on the recipe card says to put the rest of the coconut on top. Enjoy!