Monday Menu answers the question, “What’s for Dinner” with 2 easy family meals that everyone is sure to love, plus a breakfast recipe, snack idea and dessert of the week! For this week’s meal ideas, get ready to serve EASY Chicken Nacho Foil Packets, followed by a family favorite- Baked Ziti!
This Week’s Secret To Success
What’s not to love about pasta or about nachos, especially when they don’t take a lot of time to make? But these recipes are more than just quick, here are a few of the strategies that really put this week’s meal ideas to work for you:
- The nachos, salsa and green salad all share ingredients to make shopping more efficient!
- Tomato Alfredo Baked Ziti is a family sized 9×13 casserole that comes with the possibility for a few leftovers to make the next meal afterwards a snap!
- Chicken Nacho Foil Packets bring a lot of fun to the week.
- Everyone can build their own nachos and packet, making them just the way they like them.
- Use the grill or the oven to cook those nachos up crispy with loads of melted cheese!
- Foil packets are the best for very little to zero clean up. Just crumple up that foil and throw it away!
And don’t forget to keep scrolling for this week’s dessert, snack and breakfast recipes. Seasonal eating is still at its best with all the fresh fruits and veggies!
Dessert This Week!
Grilled just right to bring out the natural sweetness, then stuffed with a toasted pecan crumble, topped with vanilla ice cream, and drizzled with honey… Pecan stuffed grilled peaches. They are the best of fresh summer eating!
Here’s What We’re Snacking On
Enjoy this easy recipe for homemade bruschetta with a refreshing summer twist! Sweet watermelon, grape tomatoes, red onion, fresh basil, a touch of salty feta and a simple balsamic dressing make a delightfully tantalizing appetizer everyone will love! Serve Watermelon Bruschetta on thin slices of crusty french bread or as a dip with naan or pita chips.
Making Breakfast Easy
There is never a bad time for breakfast, especially when it’s as easy as this Make-Ahead Blueberry Breakfast Bake. It’s a little bit french toast, a little bit blueberry pancakes and every bit exactly what every breakfast and brunch table needs. Full of plump, ripe blueberries, golden sourdough, eggs, sweet cream and a hint of cinnamon and vanilla, this simple breakfast casserole makes enough to cover breakfast several times this week!
New To Monday Menu?
Southern Discourse subscribers receive Monday Menus directly in their email inboxes, along with a little weekly encouragement. Here at Southern Discourse we’re bringing connection & friendship back to the table by wrapping everything in the faith and grace from which true hospitality springs!
Subscribe to join our community and receive your Monday Menu + enriching food for the soul every week!