What’s better than a breakfast casserole loaded with hash browns, eggs, sausage, bacon and cheese – all the hearty breakfast goodness your family loves and craves? How about one that is easy to throw together and bake the morning of in the oven or overnight in the crock pot while you sleep?
What You Need To Make A Farmhouse Breakfast Casserole
- frozen diced hashbrowns
- pre cooked sausage crumbles
- thick sliced bacon (or bacon pieces)
- grated cheddar cheese
- red bell pepper
- half & half
- Worcestershire sauce
- ground mustard
- salt & pepper
- green onion
This savory breakfast casserole has everything your family needs to fuel up for the day- fluffy eggs, sausage AND bacon, stick to your ribs potatoes and delicious melted cheese. Throw in a few green onions and a little bell pepper for flavor and you have a meal that just won’t let you down!
This hearty breakfast bake also makes for a consummate “breakfast for dinner” dish. Pair it with this Blueberry Spinach Salad with Orange Poppy Seed Dressing for a meal that doesn’t disappoint even the biggest of appetites.
And leftovers? Absolutely! This casserole makes plenty and only gets better the next day. Feeding a crowd during the holidays or for a special occasion? This meat, potato and egg wonder is an absolute work horse that just keeps giving.
Crock Pot Instructions
- This casserole converts well into an overnight slow cooker/ crock pot recipe! Simply assemble according to recipe in a 5-6 qt. slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- This method also makes a great breakfast for dinner option! It cooks while you work!
- Using the pre cooked sausage crumbles is a fantastic short cut for so many recipes including this one. You could also use bacon pieces (usually found on the salad aisle of the grocery store) instead of frying up and chopping thick sliced bacon.
- Cubed ham is also a nice short cut/substitute for the bacon, if your family likes ham!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Cheesy Farmhouse Breakfast Casserole
- 32 oz frozen diced hashbrowns
- 16 oz pre cooked sausage crumbles
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2.5 C grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 C half & half cream
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 C green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Spray large casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Cook bacon and rough chop. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, toss together hashbrowns, bacon, sausage crumbles, bell pepper and 2 C cheddar cheese, making sure all the hashbrowns are broken apart. Pour into casserole dish.
- In mixing bowl, whisk eggs, half & half, Worcestershire, ground mustard, salt & pepper together until light and fluffy. Pour evenly over hash browns. Top with remaining grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cool for 5 minutes & top with green onion before serving.
Other Breakfast Casseroles & Dishes You’ll Love
- Strawberry French Toast Casserole
- Sausage Mushroom Quiche with Parmesan
- Overnight Green Chile Breakfast Strata
- BLT Quiche
- Overnight Sausage Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
MAKING FAMILY BREAKFAST EASY
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin this Farmhouse Breakfast Casserole***