This classic southern farm-style egg salad is so easy and delicious! Why farm-style you ask? Because this chunky salad is veritably loaded down with goodness– chopped celery, green onions, sweet pickles and pimentos! Make an egg salad sandwich, have it on a bed of lettuce. This egg salad has what it takes to satisfy for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
What You Need To Make Ultimate Farmhouse Egg Salad
- green onions
- sweet pickle relish
- dijon mustard
- salt & coarse ground pepper
Egg salad is not hard to love. It’s hard to beat an egg. Period. (Ha! A pun. I’m just going to leave that right there.) But if you love deviled eggs, then this whipped up cloud peppered with crisp bites of celery and onion is absolutely the thing that will set your heart a flutter. So much so, that you’ll be thinking of ways to eat it any time of the day.
Ways to Serve Ultimate Egg Salad
- For breakfast on toast
- For lunch on a bed of lettuce or in a wrap
- In the afternoon with crackers or veggie sticks
- For dinner on a croissant with soup
I love making a batch of egg salad on a Friday so that we have it all weekend. It’s perfect to have on hand with everyone coming and going. No matter when they stop to eat or want to grab a little something, this versatile salad is there, ready to go no matter the time of day!
And making a batch is so easy. The most work goes into peeling those eggs. But even that’s not a chore if you cool them in an ice water bath (see my Tips & Notes below). Then just a chop or two of a few celery sticks and green onions. I like to keep the celery small, so I dice it instead of slice it. But you could do it the way you like best.
It’s no surprise that egg salad is a classic. And a really good egg salad recipe is a treasure. But this Ultimate Farmhouse Egg Salad? Well, it’s hands down THE BEST egg salad in the history of egg salads. Versatile, easy, delicious any time of the day, this is one recipe you’ll want to keep on hand!
Tips & Notes
I’ve done my frustrating share of trying to peel eggs when the shells just won’t come off! What you end up with are ragged, pitted eggs that are just a mess. Here are a few tips that I’ve found virtually eliminate hard to peel eggs.
- Boil time is super important. I still boil mine the old fashioned way- on the stove top in a sauce pan, or boiler. For soft boiled eggs: 4-5 minutes; Medium 6-7; Hard 8-12. I personally hard boil my eggs at a rolling boil for about 9-10 minutes. The yolk is nice and fluffy but still deliciously creamy. And no gray outside!
- After boiling, remove them from the stove top. Drain out the hot water and cover with ice. Add about a half inch of cold water and let the eggs sit in the ice water bath for about 10 minutes. Drain off and peel. The eggs shells should slide right off!
- When all of the eggs are peeled, I use a pastry cutter to chop up my eggs. This is the perfect tool to work quickly and not chop up the eggs too finely.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Ultimate Farmhouse Egg Salad
- 12 large boiled eggs
- 1/3 C finely diced celery
- 1/3 C chopped green onion
- 1/3 C sweet pickle relish
- 4 oz diced pimentos, drained
- 1/4 C mayonnaise, +1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Boil eggs 10-12 minutes for hard boiled eggs. Cool in ice bath before peeling. Peel and coarsely chop eggs. Add eggs and rest of ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix gently until mixed well.
- Serve on a croissant, with crackers, or on bed of lettuce.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Tasty Lemon Chicken Salad
- Tuna Salad with Apples, Celery & Pecans
- Southern Shrimp Salad Roll with Lemon Dill Mayo
- The Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
- Southern Chopped Ham Salad
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Ultimate Farmhouse Egg Salad Recipe***