This easy banana bread recipe is a simple standout when it comes to this classic loaf! Whipped up with brown sugar, pecans and sour cream, this recipe guarantees the absolute best, most moist slice of homemade banana heaven around!
What You Need To Make Cinnamon Banana Bread
- ripe bananas
- brown sugar
- sour cream
- baking soda & powder
- chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- rolled oats & sprinkling sugar
Who can resist a deliciously warm slice of banana bread with that perfect pat of butter gently melting across the center and down the sides? No one over here at my house, that I can promise. A loaf can hardly cool enough to be eaten before it’s sliced and gone!
This recipe is truly a special one. And why not? While regular banana bread is good, a little cinnamon here, chopped nuts there, sour cream for texture and moistness, and coarsely mashed bananas can turn this traditional treat into a hearty bread that’s just loaded down with goodness. Not to mention toppings! Oats, a few more nuts… all in the name of slice that you can really sink your teeth into!
This recipe is far too good to keep to yourself. Make two loaves. Give one away. Invite a friend over for coffee. Spread a little homemade special to brighten someone’s day.
Cinnamon Banana Bread
- 1.5 C brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/3 C sour cream
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 2.5 C flour, spooned & leveled
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 C chopped pecans, (or walnuts)
- 1 Tbsp rolled oats
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chopped nuts
- 1 tsp coarse sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Coarsely mash bananas & set aside. In a small mixing bowl, mix together flour, soda, cinnamon, salt & baking powder. Set aside. In separate small bowl, mix together topping ingredients & set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream butter, sugar & sour cream until smooth. Add eggs one a time, mixing one in before adding the next. Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients a little at a time. When it is all incorporated, add nuts. Add bananas last. Fold in gently so that the bananas stay chunky and don't break down too much.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Top with topping ingredients. Gently pat toppings into batter. Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes. Loosely cover with foil after the first 30 minutes to keep the top from over browning. Bread is done when toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in loaf pan on a wire rack.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Mamaw’s Fresh Apple Cake
- Blackberry Jam Cake
- Farmstyle Buttermilk Strawberry Muffins
- Cobblestone Apple Muffins
- Overnight Blueberry Breakfast Bake
- The Best Homemade Gingerbread Muffins
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Cinnamon Banana Bread Recipe***