Cheesy, comforting One Dish Beefy Baked Ravioli is a quick & easy meal with velvety cheese filled pasta smothered in a simple, hearty beef & sausage red sauce that’s conveniently prepared and baked up bubbly in just one dish. Every single family member is guaranteed to love it!
The height of family meals are easy one dish wonders. But casserole perfection doesn’t mean you skimped on delicious or ingredients. It just means you know how to put together food your family loves. Cheesy, beefy and completely satisfying, Baked Ravioli is a hands down favorite at my house.
There is not one family member who doesn’t claim it as a favorite. Is it the rich, meaty red sauce? The comforting cheese and pasta? Maybe it’s both! All I know is that a family pleasing dinner of this caliber that can be on the table in 35 minutes any busy night of the week is some kind of wonderful!
What You Need To Make One Dish Baked Ravioli with Meat Sauce
- ground beef
- ground Italian sausage
- yellow onion
- tomato sauce & tomato paste
- refrigerated cheese ravioli
- baby spinach
- Italian blend shredded cheese
- minced garlic, salt & pepper
- Italian seasoning
- red pepper flakes
- dried parsely (optional)
How To Make One Dish Beefy Baked Ravioli
One of the best things about this casserole recipe (other than it’s melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness) is that it is prepped AND baked all in the same dish. I call that recipe heaven right there. Quick, easy, not a lot of fuss with million dollar results. Genius.
Make the sauce. In an oven proof skillet (you know, I love cast iron) or dutch oven, brown the beef and sausage together with the diced onions and minced garlic. Mix in the tomato sauce and paste. Then toss in those seasonings and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Add the yum. Stir 1/4 C water (just a little extra moisture for your pasta) into the sauce. Fold in the uncooked cheese ravioi and the spinach. Finally, top with grated cheese and parsley. No layering. No extra dish. No clean up while your casserole is baking.
Bake. Bake for 20 minutes in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven or until the cheese is melted, beginning to brown and the sauce around the edges begin to bubble.
Make It Your Own
There are so many ways to make this dish your own. For example, go meatless and use a fancy ravioli instead, like lobster, mushroom, chicken or spinach & ricotta. Add chopped eggplant or zuchinni to your sauce instead of meat. Or maybe add chopped zucchini TO your meat sauce. Perhaps, shake a little Parmesan cheese over the top when you serve this casserole. Maybe even, use a jarred spaghetti sauce when you’re pinched for time.
These options make this recipe easy to customize based on your family’s like or dislikes. But even better, it becomes a staple by giving you countless options to get dinner on the table quickly and easily without it being the same old thing every time!
Make Ahead/ Freezer Meal
Did you know Beefy Baked Ravioli is the ideal freezer meal? Simply make the sauce and assemble the casserole, but don’t bake it. Cover tightly with foil and pop it in the freezer until later. (Just make sure to label and date it). When you have a busy week ahead of you, take it out of the freezer the night before and let it thaw in the fridge. Bake according to the recipe, adding about an extra 20 minutes or so to the time because the ingredients will be cold. And voila! Dinner is served.
Other Comfort Pasta Casseroles You’ll Love
- Classic 3 Cheese Baked Manicotti
- Crowd Pleasing Lasagna
- Cheesy Beef Noodle Casserole
- Easy White Ravioli Casserole- Shortcut Lasagna
- Pizza Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
One Dish Beef Baked Ravioli
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground Italian or mild breakfast sausage
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 28 oz tomato sauce
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 C water
- 18-20 oz refrigerated chees ravioli, uncooked
- 4 C baby spinach, stems removed, chopped
- 2 C shredded Mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- dried parsley to sprinkle on top, optional
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- On stovetop in large oven proof skillet or dutch oven, brown ground beef and sausage together. As meats brown, add diced onion and minced garlic. Drain off excess fat, if necessary and return to skillet.
- Once meat is browned, add tomato sauce and paste. Mix well. Add Italian seasoning, salt and both peppers. Let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in water. Fold in uncooked ravioli. Fold in spinach. Cover with 2 C of shredded cheese. Sprinkle top with dried parsley for color, if desired. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted, beginning to brown and saucy edges are bubbly.