A hearty lasagna layered with just the right balance of rich, seasoned meat sauce, velvety melted cheese and perfect pasta is the kind of comfort food that is worth standing in the kitchen for!
What You Need to Make Crowd Pleasing Lasagna
- ground beef
- mild ground sausage
- lasagna pasta
- crushed tomatoes
- tomato paste
- ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
I will be the first to admit that lasagna is not an every day meal. It’s something special. It’s layers require time and care, a commitment that I can’t always make. But there are those times when nothing will do but the comfort of a good home cooked lasagna.
And when those times roll around, I am so glad that I have a good, solid recipe to depend on.
If we’re honest, there’s really no substitute for a good lasagna. And why should we settle for anything less? After all, our family, friends and ourselves, we’re all worth the time it takes to work a little bit of special into our lives every now and then!
And to be completely fair, putting a real lasagna together isn’t all that hard. A little meat sauce, a little pasta, a little cheese…
Wow! Once you’ve tried lasagna from your kitchen, you’ll never want anything else. Because it’s true, a good lasagna is the only kind worth making!
Crowd Pleasing Lasagna
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground mild sausage
- 10 pieces lasagna pasta,
- 30 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 12 oz tomato paste
- 4 C grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2-3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Ricotta Cheese Filling
- 24 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 C finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, brown ground beef and sausage together, adding in diced onions as the meat browns. Drain and return to skillet.
- Turn down heat to low. Add in tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and combine with meat. Add Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While meat sauce is simmering, bring water to boil in large pot. Add lasagna pasta and cook just until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the ricotta cheese filling and set aside.
- To assemble, spoon about 1 C meat sauce in bottom of a deep ungreased 13x9 dish. Layer 3 noodles lengthwise in dish over meat sauce. Layer 2 more noodles lengthwise over the seams between the 3 noodles. Spoon 1/2 of remaining meat sauce over noodles. Cover with 1/2 ricotta cheese mixture. Top with 1/2 of mozarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat starting with noodles.
- Bake in preheated oven uncovered for 25 minutes. Cover and continue to bake for another 25 minutes or until bubbly around edges. To make slicing easy, let cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
Looking for More Comfort Food? Try These Favorites!
- Southern Cottage Pie
- Cheesy Beef Noodle Casserole- An Easy One Dish Meal
- Stuffed Chicken Crescent Rolls
Making it Easy
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you.
Enjoy this and other great recipes at Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday.
You don’t have a recipe for your Lasagna. Could you please print it.
The printable recipe card is right under the 4th photograph!
Oops! Previous reply is correct….I can’t find the recipe either.
Oh no! The printable recipe card is right under the 4th photograph. Let me know if you’re still having trouble. I just know you’re going to love this recipe!
Should the lasagna pasta be pre-cooked. Thank you.
Hi, Mary! Yes, the pasta should be cooked. Please see #4 on the recipe card. I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
The best lasagna by far… cheesy and so delicious!!!
Hi, Roseann! I am just tickled you loved this recipe! You made my day!