Growing up, we ate this casserole quite a bit. We simply called it One Dish Meal. I am sure there’s a story in there somewhere. But I don’t know it. All I do know is that the layers of seasoned beef, loads of cheese and egg noodles all covered in a creamy tomato mushroom sauce make this Cheesy Beef Noodle Casserole a winner every single time it hits the table. As a matter of fact, cozied up to a side of buttery garlic bread and a salad, this is the only casserole my son will eat. And he doesn’t just eat it, he loves it. Yep, even for a picky eater this easy, 30 minute meal is hands down where it’s at!
Putting this dish together is a snap. It’s one of the first meals I ever learned to make. So not only is it a great family meal around the table, it’s also a great family meal in the kitchen for spending time with your young people while they learn to prepare a meal of their own!What You Need To Make Cheesy Beef Noodle Casserole
What You Need To Make Cheesy Beef Noodle Casserole
- ground beef
- wide egg noodles
- medium onion
- tomato sauce
- cream of mushroom soup (you can make your own, if canned is not your thing)
- American cheese
- salt, pepper and garlic
As you layer the ground beef, noodles and cheese your casserole dish, the real key to this recipe is the sauce! As simple as it is- just tomato sauce and cream of mushroom soup- it’s really what makes this dish stand out! That mushroom soup adds a layer of creaminess and flavor that’s unexpected and rich. It’s what gives this cheesy beef noodles casserole the legs to stand apart from all the other tomato sauce pasta casseroles out there.
In a hurry? Even though this dish is easy to put together, it can get even easier if you brown the meat and cook the noodles the night before. That just leaves assembly and cook time when meal time rolls around. This cheesy beef noodle casserole also freezes well!
Just look at those layers! They are calling your name. I’m sure there’s room in your menu a quick one dish meal this week. And this one is sure to get the family around the table!
Cheesy Beef Noodle Casserole
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 12 oz wide egg noodles
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1 can tomato sauce 15 oz
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup 10.5 oz
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On the stovetop, place noodles in a large pot to boil. When tender, remove from heat and drain in colander.
- While the noodles are cooking, brown the ground beef with the diced onion, salt, pepper and garlic over medium heat. Drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together tomato sauce and mushroom soup. Set aside.
- In a 2.5-3qt casserole dish, cover the bottom of the dish with half the noodles, then top with half the beef. Pour half the sauce over the beef and noodles. Cover the sauce with 4 cheese slices. Repeat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the edges are bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
What You Need To Make & Serve This Easy Family Meal!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!