Italian Green Bean Salad is the perfect side dish for just about anything. Besides brightening up spaghetti, lasagna, chicken Parm and all things Italian, it positively works magic when paired with grilled steaks, pork chops and chicken.
What You Need to Make Warm Italian Green Bean Salad
- frozen french cut green beans
- olive oil
- grape tomatoes (red and yellow)
- Italian dressing
- Parmesan cheese
I wish I had a wonderful homespun story to tell about these beans, but I don’t. And I guess it doesn’t really matter because the colors here do more talking than I ever could! These gorgeous red and yellow tomatoes in a skillet with these bright green beans just beg to be enjoyed!
And while I am using frozen beans to enjoy this dish even when these veggies (and fruits) aren’t in season, can you just imagine the sheer joy and color of fresh beans and tomatoes?
After being sauteed for a hot, fast minute with garlic and a little olive oil, this side dish celebration gets tossed in zesty Italian dressing and then sprinkled with a handful of Parmesan confetti.
Looking to add a little zip to your menu this week? Italian Green Bean Salad is just what you need to put a little special on the table without a lot of fuss!
Warm Italian Green Bean Salad
- 12-16 oz frozen french cut green beans
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 C cherry tomatoes (red), halved
- 1/2 C cherry tomatoes (yellow), halved
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Add green beans. As beans become tender, add salt, garlic and tomatoes. Sautee just until tomatoes also become tender.
- Remove from heat. Toss in Italian salad dressing and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm.