Everyone loves to dip and enjoy crispy, seasoned fries. But those fries don’t have always have to be of the potato variety! Carrots make fabulous fries. Tossed in a little olive oil, Parmesan cheese and just the right seasoning, carrots bake up to be slightly sweet, crisp delights!
What You Need To Make Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries
- bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- fresh parsley
- lemon juice
Not everyone at my house likes cooked carrots. Raw, yes. Cooked, no. So for the longest that kind of limited what sorts of side dishes we could have. Until I came across this recipe, that is. Now everyone gobbles these up before the rest of the food can even get served!
The amazing thing though is how easy it is to make Garlic Parmesan Fries. It’s just a few whole carrots cut in half and then the halves cut into thin strips.
The strips are tossed in some olive oil. A little Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs do all the crisping. All while the garlic and other seasonings play off the naturally, subtle sweet flavors of the carrots. Wow!
These carrot fries bake up in just 15-20 minutes in a 400 degree oven and are best served warm with a cinnamon honey butter or, if you like savory, an easy lemon aioli (which is just a fancy term for a mayo based sauce). Hey, even Ranch dressing is delish with these!
Make no mistake, these easy Carrot Fries are a real game changer when it comes to appetizers. Hosting family and friends and making dinners special never seemed so easy!
Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries
- 3 medium carrots, cleaned and scrubbed
- 1/2 C bread crumbs
- 1/4 C Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsely, chopped
- splash lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut carrots in half. Then cut each half into several thin strips.
- Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper together in a shallow dish.
- Toss carrot strips in olive oil. Then place in bread crumbs and cheese mixture and coat.
- Put carrot fries on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned and crisp. Remove from oven and top with parsley, a sprinkle of salt and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve warm and enjoy!
Making it Easy to Make & Serve Carrot Fries
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you.