Soft & chewy coconut cookies are loaded with shredded coconut, chopped pecans, a hint of cinnamon and tons of yum! These easy-to-bake golden beauties are going to be your family’s new cookie craving.
What You Need To Bake Perfect Coconut Cookies with Pecans
- flaked or shredded sweetened coconut
- chopped pecans
- all purpose flour
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- baking soda & powder
- salt, cinnamon
Cookies are definitely a favorite around here. Dessert, snack, afternoon pick-me-up. You name it. All are reasons this family might grab a cookie or two. Of course, we can’t have cookies all time. So that why it’s all the more important to have really good ones when we do decide to indulge!
That’s where these blonde gems come in. Like a chunky cross between a snickerdoodle and a coconut macaroon, these delightful cookies are just the right amount light nutty, cinnamon sweetness to make any serious cookie lover swoon.
Another thing that’s perfect about these coconut cookies is you can enjoy their deliciousness just the way they are, or you can add your own personal touch with different add-ins! Here are just a few that we enjoy.
Coconut Cookie Add-ins
These measurements are approximations. You might like to add more!
- 9 oz. chocolate chips
- 9 oz. toffee chips
- 1 C old fashioned oats
- 9 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1 C dried cranberries
And of course, you can always leave out the pecans or substitute another nut that you like better!
Armed with a good book and a cup of coffee, settling down to watch your favorite movie or sharing a platter with family or friends, nothing beats a good cookie. And a Perfect Coconut Cookie? Well, you’ve got yourself a recipe for delicious cookie bliss.
How to Avoid Flat Cookies
- Overworking the butter causes many cookies to come out of the oven flat. To avoid this make sure not to mix too long when creaming the butter and sugar or when mixing in the rest of the ingredients.
- The butter can also be overworked if you roll your cookie dough into balls when placing them on the cookie sheet to bake. The heat in our hands melts/breaks the butter down.
- Lastly, use room temperature eggs and butter. Room temperature butter might be cooler than you think! It is actually cool to the touch, never shiny or melty. For the real low down, read this.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Perfect Coconut Cookies with Pecans
- 1 1/4 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C butter, room temperature
- 1/2 C brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 C white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C sweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- 1 C chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a small bowl , mix first 5 ingredients together. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream butter and sugars. Be careful not to over mix. Add egg and vanilla. Mix just until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time. Mix just until incorporated. Dough will form. Add coconut, then pecans. Again, being careful not to over mix.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, spoon out 1" balls and place approximately 1" apart on lined baking sheet. Do not roll the balls to avoid overworking the butter. Bake in preheated oven for 9-11 minutes. Cool on cooling rack before serving.
Other Cookies, Brownie & Bar Recipes You’ll Love!
- Infamous Neiman Marcus Cookies
- Classic Lemon Drop Crinkle Cookies
- Loaded Strawberry Jam Brownies
- Coconut Thumbprint Macaroons
- Lemon Squares with a New Southern Twist
- Gooey Black Bottom Pecan Pie Brownies
Making Baking Cookies Easy
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Perfect Coconut Cookie with Pecans Recipe***