Sweet & savory with a little chili and jalapeno kick, these Crock Pot Cranberry Meatballs are the perfect holiday party appetizer! Full of rich and tangy flavor, they take just minutes to prep and are guaranteed to disappear just as quickly!
I love a good cocktail meatball and no proper southern party or get together is quite complete without them! There are quite a few variations to make and serve that will make your party just right. But during the holidays, it’s these Cranberry Meatballs, simmered in a sauce made with whole berry cranberry sauce that steal the show!
RELATED RECIPE: Whiskey Peach BBQ Meatballs
You’re going to love how easy it is to make these tender, tasty party meatballs. They are so simple either in the crock pot or on the stove top (I’ve got instructions for both methods in the post below).
And do you know what else? They also make a really great meal with mashed potatoes or macaroni & cheese! I’m not kidding. I’ve got some awesome meal ideas below too, so make sure not to miss that!
I’ll walk through an overview of ingredients & steps in this section along with helpful tips!
Look for specifics at the end of the post in the recipe card.
- bite-sized homestyle frozen meatballs
- whole berry cranberry sauce
- chili sauce
- sweet Thai style chili sauce
- brown sugar
- fresh jalapeno
- ground cinnamon & nutmeg
How to Make Cranberry Meatballs (Crock Pot)
In the crock pot, whisk together all ingredients except meatballs to make sauce. Add the meatballs. Toss to cover with the sauce. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 3-4 hours.
How to Make Cranberry Meatballs (Stove Top)
In a large sauce pan over medium heat, whisk together all ingredients except meatballs to make sauce. Add the meatballs. Toss to cover with the sauce. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
What to Serve with Cranberry Meatballs
These cocktail meatballs are most often served as a popular party appetizer, but they can also make a great meal.
- Ultimate Creamy Chicken Dip
- Southern Cheese Straws
- Bacon Parmesan Asparagus Twists
- Favorite Southern Pimento Cheese Ball
- Whipped Feta with Honey Dip
- Horserasdish Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Ultimate Pepper Jack Mac & Cheese
- Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole (no canned soup)
- Baked Gouda Cheese Grits
- Southern Cornbread Pudding
If You Love Good Party Food & Have Made This Recipe, Give It All The Stars & Leave A Fun Comment! Or Tag Me @SouthernDiscourse On Social Media To Be Featured. I Love Hearing From You!
Best Crock Pot Cranberry Meatballs
- 6 quart crock pot
- 28 ounce bite-sized homestyle frozen meatballs (about 56-64 meatballs)
- 1 ½ cans whole cranberry sauce (14 ounce cans)
- 12 ounce jar chili sauce
- 1 cup sweet Thai-style chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons (packed) brown sugar
- ½ large jalapeno, deseeded & deveined (diced)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- In the crock pot, whisk together all ingredients except meatballs to make sauce. Add the meatballs. Toss to cover with the sauce. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 3-4 hours.