Hot, easy & melted cheesy! I’m talking Million Dollar Shrimp & Crab Dip. It’s so good you’ll swear you hear waves hit the sand when you take that first warm bite of seafood goodness. This classic baked Louisiana dip is loaded with shrimp, crab, bell pepper, onion, bacon, 4 cheeses and all the right seasoning and spices!
What You Need To Make Million Dollar Shrimp & Crab Dip
- small salad shrimp
- lump crab meat
- bacon pieces
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- cheddar, Parmesan & pepper jack cheeses
- green onion
- red bell pepper
- lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- salt, pepper, garlic powder & paprika
Don’t let the list of ingredients fool you. This hot crab & shrimp dip is simple to make. It is literally a matter of mixing everything together in the same bowl and then putting it in a dish to bake. It doesn’t really get any easier than that! Below I’ve got some tips + info so that your seafood dip will always be the best!
Tips & Notes
- This dip is all about the seafood. Make sure you get the best quality, freshest seafood available to you.
- If your shrimp is frozen, thaw it before adding it to this dish. You will also want to pat it dry with a paper towel or two. You don’t want any extra water in your dip.
- As much as this dip is about the seafood, it’s also about some good melted cheese. As always, grating your own cheese will ensure that you get smoothly melted, deliciously creamy hot cheese.
- For a little extra kick (yes, please!), add 1/4 -1/2 tsp red pepper flakes to your dip. Or if you prefer to let your guests add their own heat level, put out a shaker of pepper flakes that they can use to sprinkle red pepper flakes on top of their serving.
- This dip is traditionally served with saltine crackers, but it can also be enjoyed with Melba toast, baguette slices, even corn chips!
More Tips & Notes
- This dip does not freeze well, but it can be put together ahead of time and baked the day you want to serve it. If you need to reheat the dip, simply put it in the microwave or in a 350 degree oven to warm. I wouldn’t, however, reheat it more than once.
- You can make this dip in your slow cooker, or crock pot, if you like. Follow steps 1-3, then spoon your dip into a small 1.5-3 quart crock pot. Cook on low for 2-3 hours. Garnish before serving.
Hot, easy & cheesy! I'm talking Million Dollar Shrimp & Crab Dip now. This baked Louisiana dip is loaded with shrimp, crab, bell pepper, onion bacon and 4 cheeses.
- 1 lb salad shrimp, patted dry
- 6 oz lump crab meat
- 1/2 C bacon pieces
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 C sour cream
- 1/4 C mayonnaise
- 1/2 C grated pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 C grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 C finely sliced green onion +2 Tbsp for garnish
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to blend cream cheese, sour cream and mayo together. Add grated cheeses, bell pepper, onion, and blend. Mix in seasonings, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
Using a fork, stir in the lump crab and bacon. Fold in salad shrimp.
When mixed well, spoon dip into 1.5 quart dish and bake in preheated oven for 30-35, until top of dip is golden brown and edges bubble. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Add extra diced green onion as garnish before serving.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Queso Dip with Collards & Sausage
- Classic Mexican 7 Layer Dip
- Ultimate Creamy Chicken Dip
- Whipped Feta with Honey Dip
- Marshmallow Champagne Fruit Dip
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Hot Shrimp & Crab Dip Recipe***