This week, get ready for a traditional family meal with a Southern Pot Roast, easy roasted lemon asparagus and an apple salad, followed with a light pasta salad meal, deviled eggs and cheese straws. Plus, as always, breakfast, snack and dessert ideas for the week!
This Week’s Secret To Success
Some recipes make getting a good dinner on the table easy. And some recipes make getting a couple of family meals on the table easy!
- This week’s meal ideas work because they balance your kitchen time. Classic Southern Pot Roast takes a bit more time to cook, while Waldorf Chicken Pasta Salad comes together in a snap!
- These meals also keep a balance at the table by offering a more traditional comfort meal for one day and a more casual meal for another.
- The attention to variety continues with a couple of mix and match options to fit what your family likes best.
- Homestyle Deviled Eggs are an ideal addition to the Pot Roast menu, so make them with Menu 1 and enjoy them with both meals!
- Southern Cheese Straws are a crazy good snack! Think Cheez its, but made in your home with easy ingredients. The recipe also makes plenty, so it doubles as an addictive snack for the week!
- Last but not least, this week is fruit forward which is perfect for mid winter nutrition.
Dessert This Week
This easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe is loaded with just the right amount of sweet, ripe bananas, melted chocolate chips, sour cream and brown sugar. It’s the perfect moist and tender bread for breakfast with coffee, a weekend snack with tea, even as dessert after your favorite meal!
Making Breakfast Easy
Who can resist spicy sausage, cool cream cheese, all wrapped in a flaky, tender crust? Not me! These cute little Sausage & Cream Cheese Hand Pies are unbelievably easy to make using just 3 ingredients, a pre-made crust and bake up in only 10 minutes. Serve with a spoon of jam and you have a brunch or party snack everyone will want to get their hands on!
Here’s What We’re Snacking On
Because we’re making these cheese straws to nibble on with our Waldorf Pasta Salad, there will surely be plenty to snack on! And I am telling you, Homemade Southern Cheese Straws are an addictive snack that are so easy to make! This simple recipe is loaded with cheddar, zesty herbs and spices and a little cayenne kick for maximum snacking!
New To Monday Menu?
Southern Discourse subscribers receive Monday Menus directly in their email inboxes, along with a little weekly scripture encouragement here in the post. At Southern Discourse we’re all about bringing connection & friendship back to the table by wrapping everything in the faith and grace from which true hospitality springs!
Subscribe to join our community and receive your Monday Menu + enriching food for the soul every week!