Who can resist spicy sausage, cool cream cheese, all wrapped in a flaky, tender crust? Not me! These cute little Sausage & Cream Cheese Hand Pies are unbelievably easy to make using just 3 ingredients, a pre-made crust and bake up in only 10 minutes. Serve with a spoon of jam and you have a brunch or party snack everyone will want to get their hands on!
What You Need To Make Sausage & Cream Cheese Hand Pies
- ground breakfast sausage (mild or spicy)
- cream cheese
- refrigerated pie crusts
- large egg
- round cookie cutter
Pre-made, roll out pie crusts are a dream. They make baking so much easier. And when you’re preparing for a party, brunch or just a weekend breakfast, shortcuts like using a pre-made crust are absolutely priceless. They are a virtual lifesaver when it comes to this recipe. Just unroll and grab your cookie cutter to get started!
I prefer these little pies over the traditional crescent roll dough casserole any day. There is just something about little pies and individual servings that says special. Plus, the crisp of the golden crust is the perfect partner to the filling. Not too much and not too heavy. No one has to know how easy they are to make!
And just look at how pretty they are! They’re show stoppers, for sure. Served with a little jam (we love strawberry, peach or blackberry), these simple little sausage pockets are some of our favorites. Tailgates, holiday mornings, parties, brunch… you name it, these 3 ingredients pies are what everyone grabs for first!
Sausage & Cream Cheese Hand Pies
- cookie cutter
- pastry brush
- 2 ct. refrigerated roll-out pie crusts
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown sausage in skillet over medium heat. Drain away excess fat. Add sausage to medium mixing bowl with cream cheese. Mix together. Set aside.
- Unroll pie crusts. Using a 3-3.5" round cookie cutter, cut out as many circles from the dough as you can. Rework any leftover dough to make more circles. You should be able to make at least 20, using both crusts.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon sausage cream cheese mixture onto 1 circle. Dip finger in egg whites. Run around edge of circle.
- Top with second circle. Use a fork to crimp edges of the two circles together. With a knife cut 3 slits in the top of the pie. Use a brush to brush egg white over the top of pie.
- Repeat until all pies are made. Place pies on baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with jam or by themselves.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Taco Hand Pies
- Mini Natchitoches Meat Pies
- Hawaiian Popper Crescent Rolls
- Louisiana Dirty Rice
- Classic Fruit Salad with Old Fashioned Century Sauce
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Sausage & Cream Cheese Hand Pie Recipe***