We could call this week “Which came first? The chicken or the egg?” But no matter which you make first, you’re family is going to love coming to the table for these easy meals centered around Classic Chicken Pot Pie and hearty Farmhouse Egg Salad!
This Week’s Secret To Success
Some recipes make getting a good dinner on the table easy. And some recipes make getting a couple of dinners on the table easy! I don’t know about you, but that sounds like music to my ears, especially when life gets busy.
- This week’s meal ideas work because they balance your kitchen time. Chicken Pot Pie takes a bit more time to cook, while Egg Salad comes together in a snap.
- They also keep things light and lively at the table by offering a more traditional comfort meal for one day and a more casual meal for another.
- The attention to variety continues with a couple of mix and match options to fit what your family likes best.
- Don’t think they’ll like egg salad? Serve your tomato soup with asparagus twists and the same green salad you served with the chicken pot pie.
- Or maybe have your pickled shrimp pull double duty as snack and as a dinner salad topper for that soup and salad combo.
- Last but not least, save a little by buying eggs in bulk this week if you’re making Sheet Pan Eggs in a Basket and Farmhouse Egg Salad.
Dessert This Week
Keeping up with the trend of reader favorites, the dessert recipe for the week is Mamaw’s Old Fashioned Apple Cake! Chock full of chunky chopped apples and buttery walnuts with just a hint of cinnamon and the right amount of sweetness, this Old Fashioned Fresh Apple Cake recipe has been serving up melt-in-your-mouth tender with a perfect, crackly crust on top for decades.
Making Breakfast Easy
Eggs in a Basket, also known as Egg in the Hole, combine all the yumminess of an egg and toast breakfast in a one bite without all the hassle of making separate dishes- breakfast sandwich par excellence. This is twice as true when you add sausage and cook several at a time on a sheet pan right in your oven! No more standing over the stove with spatula and skillet. With this easy recipe, you can make enough Eggs in a Basket for the whole family at once.
Here’s What We’re Snacking On
There aren’t many recipes more southern than Louisiana Pickled Shrimp in a jar! A long- standing classic appetizer, these plump Gulf shrimp soak in a bright, lemony, Creole seasoned marinade and are delicious served on baguettes, by themselves or as part of a meal tossed in a salad or buttery pasta!
New To Monday Menu?
Southern Discourse subscribers receive Monday Menus directly in their email inboxes, along with a little weekly scripture encouragement here in the post. At Southern Discourse we’re all about bringing connection & friendship back to the table by wrapping everything in the faith and grace from which true hospitality springs!
Subscribe to join our community and receive your Monday Menu + enriching food for the soul every week!