When you’re preparing for a holiday, it doesn’t leave much time to do anything else. But before you give up on having delicious dinners this, check out these 3 very quick and easy meals, along with a breakfast/snack combo that might even get you ahead on your Thanksgiving prep!
The week before a holiday is always a BUSY one! And it’s weeks like the one right before Thanksgiving when we might be tempted to pull through the drive thru or throw a frozen entree in the oven for dinner.
But whoa! Before you do that, take a look at these THREE quick and easy meal ideas that are perfect for those hectic days right before a holiday.
This Week’s Secret to Success
I know you’re planning and making lists and grocery shopping and all the things. That’s why this week, you need to:
- Rely on your crock pot to cook up delicious shredded BBQ chicken for sandwiches while you’re busy doing other things.
- Make a one-dish meal like Hearty Chili Mac that will have you in and out of the kitchen in 30 minutes.
- Add beans to the chili mac recipe as suggested in the post and eliminate the need to make a side dish.
- Cut down on side dishes this week all together (You’ll have plenty of Thanksgiving sides next week). Serve chips with your BBQ Chicken Sandwiches and your tortilla soup!
- Let Creole Sausage Balls double as breakfast and as your snack. Make two batches, freeze them and be ahead on your Thanksgiving prep!
Making Breakfast & Snacking Easy
Easy Creole Sausage Balls kick up the classic goodness of everybody’s favorite, must-have holiday appetizer and breakfast snack. Make sure you prepare enough to freeze so that you have some for next week too!
New To Monday Menu?
Southern Discourse subscribers receive Monday Menus directly in their email inboxes, along with a little weekly scripture encouragement here in the post. At Southern Discourse we’re all about bringing connection & friendship back to the table by wrapping everything in the faith and grace from which true hospitality springs!
Subscribe to join our community and receive your Monday Menu + enriching food for the soul every week!