Baked Jalapeño Artichoke Dip with spinach is so melty and cheesy with just the right hit of jalapeño heat and loads of flavor! It’s the perfect hot appetizer dip to serve at every get together.
Why You’ll Love This Hot Dip Recipe
- This recipe completely amps up your classic spinach artichoke dip with just a little jalapeño flavor and kick. It’s a total game changer!
- Super creamy, savory, melty cheese- 3 kinds- oh my!
- It only takes 5 minutes to put this crowd favorite appetizer together.
- This dip comes out of the oven hot and bubbling, loaded with flavor that will keep you dipping and dipping and dipping.
- Easy oven directions + the convenience of crock pot instructions if needed!
Recipe Ingredients & Overview
I’ll walk through an overview of ingredients & steps in these next sections along with helpful tips!
Look for specifics at the end of the post in the recipe card.
- artichoke hearts
- frozen chopped spinach
- canned chopped jalapeños
- cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Swiss cheese
- real mayonnaise
- sour cream
- lemon juice
- salt & pepper
Substitutions: Use Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise for a slightly lighter dip. Switch out the Swiss cheese for Mozzarella.
And of course, you can use fresh jalapeños, but canned is listed here for for time and convenience. The same for the frozen spinach. If you use fresh, you would need to clean, remove stems and shop about 2 cups to add to the dip.
For an ultimate flavor boost, sprinkle on a handful of crumbled bacon pieces as a topping for this dip!
How To Make Baked Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
Make the Creamy Base. With a hand or stand mixer, mix together cream cheese, mayo and sour cream to create the creamy base for the dip.
Add the Goodies. Fold in Parmesan and Swiss cheeses before adding artichokes, spinach, jalapeños and garlic. Fold all ingredients together. Squeeze lemon juice and add salt and pepper. Give it a good stir.
Bake. Spoon dip into greased baking dish. Spread to evenly cover the dish. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm.
Crock Pot Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
Spray the inside of your crock pot with non stick cooking spray. Prepare dip according to the recipe. Instead of a baking dish, spoon the dip into your prepared crock pot, spreading the dip to evenly fill the dish. Put on the lid and bake on low for 2-3 hours/ high for 1 hour or until melted and bubbly. Turn the slow cooker down to warm and serve!
What To Serve with Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
This dip is such a classic. It goes with almost anything! Our favorites to dunk are:
- tortilla chips,
- pita chips,
- pretzel chips,
- wheat crackers,
- sliced baguette bread (crostini),
- naan or pita bread,
- even carrots and celery sticks!
Making Ahead and Storing Instructions
- Put this artichoke dip together the night before without baking it to make the day of your party go more smoothly.
- Cover it tightly and store it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Add an extra 5-10 minutes to the cooking time since the dip is starting off chilled.
- The crock pot instructions are also handy on party day.
How to Reheat Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
If you happen to have any leftovers that need reheating, I think this dip is best reheated in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Transfer leftover dip to a smaller oven safe dish. Place in oven until heated all the way through and bubbly.
More Hot Appetizer Dips To Love
Baked Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup real mayonaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 14 ounces chopped artichoke hearts, drained
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces canned chopped jalapeños with liquid
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ medium lemon
- a pinch or two of salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and spray a shallow baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- With a hand or stand mixer, mix together cream cheese, mayo and sour cream to create the creamy base for the dip.
- Fold in Parmesan and Swiss cheeses before adding artichokes, spinach, jalapeños and garlic. Fold all ingredients together. Squeeze lemon juice and add salt and pepper. Give it a good stir.
- Spoon dip into greased baking dish. Spread to evenly cover the dish. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm.