With Cheesy Beef Enchilada Dip, everything you love about your favorite plate of beef enchiladas becomes an addictive melty, cheesy dip just begging to be the next appetizer or snack at your next party, game day, cookout or family hang out!
A real crowd pleaser, this Mexican-inspired hearty dip is all about melted cheese, the rich zing of red enchilada sauce and well-seasoned beef. Stir in a little garlic, onion and diced green chiles and you have a dip that friends and family will scoop, snack and nibble until the very last bite!
Of course, what’s a good Tex-Mex dish without toppings? This dip calls everyone’s name when piled high with tomatoes, cilantro, green onion and a dreamy dollop of sour cream. Get your tortilla chips ready because this hot enchilada dip only takes 15 minutes from start to serve!
What You Need To Make Beef Enchilada Dip
- ground beef
- medium onion
- minced garlic
- green chiles
- red enchilada sauce
- taco seasoning
- sour cream
- colby jack & cheddar cheeses
- toppings: tomatoes, cilantro (optional), green onions, jalapenos (optional)
How To Make Cheesy Beef Enchilada Dip
This dip is so easy to make! It comes together all in one skillet and only takes 15 minutes to whip up! I make and serve this dip a 10″ cast iron skillet.
The beef. Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic to season the beef as it browns. When, browned, drain away any excess fat or liquid. Return beef to skillet & stir in the green chiles.
The creamy enchilada sauce. Now it’s time to add all the good sauce and cheese! Stir red enchilada sauce into the beef. Add taco seasoning. Stir and let simmer for 5 minutes. Fold in sour cream + shredded cheddar & Colby Jack cheeses.
Toppings. Top with more Colby Jack cheese. Let the cheese melt over the top while you prep your other toppings. Sprinkle them over the top of the dip when then cheese has melted and serve hot!
How To Serve
Serve this delicious beef enchilada dip hot off the stove with tortilla chips or warm flour or corn tortillas. (We prefer flour!) You could also top your dip with diced avocado, salsa or black olives.
Make it Ahead of Time
Want to get ahead of the game when company’s coming? Make this dip 2-3 days ahead without putting on any toppings. Cover tightly and refrigerate. Pull out of the fridge, top with cheese and pop it an 350 degree oven until warm and melty. Add the rest of the toppings and serve.
Leftovers with this dip are rare! But if you happen to have some, use them to make quick tacos the next day with a side of rice and beans.
Other Dip Recipes You’ll Love
- Classic Mexican 7 Layer Dip
- Million Dollar Shrimp & Crab Dip
- Ultimate Creamy Chicken Dip
- Tex Mex Guacamole
- Fresh Salsa with Cilantro & Lime
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Cheesy Beef Enchilada Dip
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 8 oz diced green chiles
- 20 oz red enchilada sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 C sour cream
- 1/2 C grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 C grated Colby Jack cheese
- dollop of sour cream, diced grape tomatoes, chopped cilantro, sliced green onion, diced jalapeno
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium stove top heat. Add onion and garlic as beef browns. Drain away any excess fat or liquid. Return beef to stove top and stir in green chiles.
- Stir red enchilada sauce into beef. Add taco seasoning. Stir and let simmer for 5 minutes. Fold in sour cream and 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese & 1/2 C Colby Jack cheese until completely incorporated. Let cheeses melt.
- Top with rest of Colby Jack cheese. Let melt & top with toppings. Serve hot with tortilla chips and warm tortillas