Savory feta is mixed with cream cheese, garlic and herbs to create a velvety rich appetizer topped with golden honey, sweet apples and a candied walnut bacon topping. Served with warm pita bread, baguettes even sliced apples and pears, Whipped Feta Dip with Apples, Honey & Walnuts is quick, easy and gorgeously irresistable!
When I shared my original Whipped Feta with Honey Dip a couple of years ago, I had no idea that it would be shared over 1 million times on Pinterest and sky-rocket to one of the all-time top recipes here on Southern Discourse.
Readers have loved its fluffy, smooth creaminess, addictive sweet & savoriness, not to mention how quick and easy it is to put together! They’ve served it for girls’ nights, game nights, tailgates and all kinds of parties.
But with flavors as delicious as creamy feta cheese and luscious honey, why have just one “best feta dip” recipe? Let’s lean into the best of seasonal flavors and give our OG whipped feta and honey a makeover with sweet chopped apples, savory bacon, candied walnuts and pumpkin seeds and a sprinkling of thyme.
What Is Feta Dip Made Of
Many feta dips, like a cool tzatziki dip, are made from combining feta cheese with a plain Greek yogurt. But this seasonal whipped feta recipe combines feta cheese crumbles with equal parts cream cheese for a thicker, richer, fluffy cheese dip that is able to stand up to a chunky candied walnut & apples topping and a delicious pool of sticky, golden honey.
Ingredients for Whipped Feta with Apples
- feta cheese crumbles
- cream cheese
- chopped walnuts
- pumpkin seeds
- bacon pieces
- olive oil
- fresh thyme
- dried basil, minced garlic
- ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper
How To Make Whipped Feta Dip with Apples & Honey
Make The Candied Walnut Topping. Mix together chopped walnuts, pumpkin seeds, bacon pieces, ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper and honey. Then, spoon mixture into a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Make The Whipped Feta Dip. As candied walnut topping is baking, combine feta, cream cheese, olive oil, basil and garlic in a food processor until cheeses are well combined and smooth.
Add the Apples & Toppings. Top with cooled walnut topping, extra honey, apples, fresh thyme and serve with warm pita or naan bread!
How To Serve This Easy Feta Dip at Parties
This festive dip with its gorgeous seasonal flavors is perfect for serving all fall and winter long. Serve it as part of a charcuterie board at holiday parties or as an appetizer before your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners. I also love to serve it for New Year’s Eve celebrations! Make the most of it seasonality by serving it with:
- warm pita or naan bread
- warm sliced baguettes
- sliced apples and pears
- walnuts halves
- your favorite whole grain crackers
How Long Does Whipped Feta Dip with Apples Last?
There usually isn’t any left over around here. But if you happen to have some you would like to save after serving, it should at least keep for one day if the toppings and honey are stirred into the cheese, wrapped with plastic wrap and kept in the fridge.
Can This Appetizer Be Made Ahead Of Time?
This recipe can be completed through step #4 ahead of time. Store the whipped feta base, covered, in the refrigerator and the walnut topping in a zip top bag at room temperature in the pantry or on the counter. Complete steps 5 & 6 when you are ready to serve.
More Easy Dip Recipes You’ll Love
- Whipped Feta with Honey Dip
- Whipped Feta Tzatziki Dip
- Creamy Peppercorn Parmesan Dip
- Apple Cider Cheese Fondue
- Ham & Pineapple Hawaiian Dip
If You Love Delicious Dips & Have Made This Recipe, Give It All The Stars & Leave A Fun Comment! Or Tag Me @SouthernDiscourse On Social Media To Be Featured. I Love Hearing From You!
Whipped Feta Dip with Honey, Apples & Walnuts
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbles
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon bacon pieces, plus extra as garnish if desired
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons honey, divided into 3 tablespoon & 2 tablespoon & 1 TBSP
- ½ medium honeycrisp apple, diced small
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together chopped walnuts, pumpkin seeds, bacon pieces, ground cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Mix in 3 tablespoons of honey. Then, spoon mixture into a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. When done, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- As candied walnut topping is baking, combine feta, cream cheese, olive oil, basil and garlic in a food processor until cheeses are well combined and smooth.
- Scoop cheese out of the food processor onto a small plate or into a shallow bowl. Use the back of a spoon to create a well in the center of the cheese. Fill the well with 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Break any of the candied walnut mixture which may have stuck to together into small pieces. Place in a small bowl, add diced apples and remaining 1 tablespoon of honey. Toss together.
- Garnish the whipped feta dip with as much of the candied walnut and apple topping as you like. You might have some left over. Sprinkle the feta dip with fresh thyme (and extra bacon if desired) and serve immediately with warm pieces of pita bread.