These easy family meal ideas have it all – fresh ingredients, short cut ingredients and loads of “gather around the table” flavor. A simple pepper crusted pork tenderloin, creamy stovetop mac & cheese with broccoli and a white lasagna casserole using layered raviolis make sure everyone shows up for dinner time.
Everybody’s schedules have picked up. Ball practice, band practice, early morning carpool lines, we are all back at it once again! And now that life is busy, it’s even more important to make time for the family dinner table. A perfectly delicious meal is the best place to catch up on all the day’s best moments, work through any disappointments and load up on plenty love and confidence for the next day.
This Week’s Secret To Success
- This week’s recipes are the perfect balance of short cut recipes and simple comfort food.
- Look for short cut ingredients like:
- frozen ravioli,
- pre- cooked sausage crumbles,
- refrigerated French bread dough
- and frozen pancakes to make this week’s recipes quick and convenient.
- But get ready for plenty of fresh ingredients too! We’ll amp up the flavor and freshness with:
- and plenty of broccoli.
- Enjoy back-to-school classics like the BEST oatmeal raisin cookies ever, fluffy peanut butter fruit dip and an overnight chocolate chip pancake casserole even if you don’t have kids who are going back to school.
Dessert This Week!
These classic, homemade Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are truly the best! So soft and chewy, these golden buttery cookies with warm cinnamon, tender, plump raisins, and a pop of oats are guaranteed to make everyone a fan. Oatmeal raisin cookies are going to be your most requested cookies from now on!
Here’s What We’re Snacking On
If you have some serious peanut butter lovers at your house like I do, then you are going to fall in love with this quick and easy Fluffy Peanut Butter Fruit Dip. Whipped peaks of sweet peanut butter clouds are just waiting for apple slices, celery, carrots, strawberries, pretzels… whatever you you have a mind to dip!
Making Breakfast Easy
Now you can enjoy a warm stack of pancakes just by turning on the oven! This Chocolate Chip Pancake Casserole is a true short cut recipe using frozen buttermilk pancakes soaked in a rich egg custard with vanilla, cinnamon, pecans and an indulgent sprinkle of chocolate chips. Pancakes have never been so easy!
New To Monday Menu?
Southern Discourse subscribers receive Monday Menus directly in their email inboxes, along with a little weekly encouragement. Here at Southern Discourse we’re bringing connection & friendship back to the table by wrapping everything in the faith and grace from which true hospitality springs!
Subscribe to join our community and receive your Monday Menu + enriching food for the soul every week!