Loving all those recipes you receive in your inbox but not sure how you’re going to use them? Let Monday Menu help with that! This week, serve up Easy Sheet Pan Pineapple Shrimp with Green Chile Rice & Sweet Potato Wedges. Then end the week with Tender Roasted Buttermilk Chicken Breasts and an Artichoke Pesto Pasta Salad. You’ll also find recipes for breakfast, snack and dessert this week so that cooking for your family is as simple as it possibly can be!
This Week’s Secret To Success
We all have lots of recipes bookmarked, saved or printed. Recipes that looked so good at the time, but we’ve never quite figured out quite what to do with them.
That’s where Monday Menu comes in. It takes all the best Southern Discourse recipes and puts them together to create easy, delicious meals for you! No more wondering what side dish to serve or what would be good with this or that. Monday Menu does it for you!
These are how I use and serve these recipes in my own home, so I’m always excited to share these meal ideas with you. On top of that, I always share a secret or two about why certain recipes make more sense to make together or in the same week so that figuring out how to use and pair recipes is a snap!
Wondering what makes this week’s recipes work? Seasonality and versatility!
- Most of this week’s ingredients can be purchased at your local farmer’s market for best quality and flavor.
- Those veggies should also be abundant and fresh in your local grocery store too.
- Don’t like seafood? Double up on chicken when grocery shopping and use chicken in the pineapple sheet pan recipe.
- Menu 1 with the pineapple sheet pan recipe has 2 side dishes. The sweet potato wedges make the meal more hearty and stretch further. This is exactly what I need when my kids are at home. However, when I am making this meal just for 2, I drop the wedges and serve the sheet pan recipe on top of the rice to make a tasty bowl!
- Lastly, the breakfast and dessert recipes both use coconut so you can use the whole bag of coconut! No one likes to store that bit of shredded coconut left in the bag you might never use.
Dessert This Week
Toasted Coconut Lime Bars are like little key lime pies as a fun dessert bar! Tart and tangy lime, sweet shredded coconut and a buttery shortbread crust with macadamia nuts and lime zest make this tropical delight the perfect treat for summer cookouts, bridal and baby showers and your favorite holidays.
Here’s What We’re Snacking On
Homemade Southern Cheese Straws are an addictive snack that is so easy to make! This simple recipe is loaded with cheddar, zesty herbs and spices and a little cayenne kick for maximum snacking!
Making Breakfast Easy
What good southerner can resist anything named hummingbird? Moist and tender Hummingbird Banana Bread is loaded with sunny pineapples, ripe bananas, sweet coconut and buttery pecans. Just like the classic southern Hummingbird Cake, this dense quick bread will be your new favorite for a little taste of the tropics!
New To Monday Menu?
Southern Discourse subscribers receive Monday Menus directly in their email inboxes, along with a little weekly encouragement. Here at Southern Discourse we’re bringing connection & friendship back to the table by wrapping everything in the faith and grace from which true hospitality springs!
Subscribe to join our community and receive easy meal ideas + enriching food for the soul every week!