Layers of seasoned beef in a red enchilada sauce, corn tostadas and melted Monterry Jack cheese are what this dish is all about! Who needs to hand roll an enchilada when this easy to make casserole is all you need to kick up your heels and have your own fiesta.
What You’ll Need To Make Layered Beef Enchiladas
- ground beef
- yellow onion
- red enchilada sauce
- cream of mushroom soup
- chopped jalapenos
- corn tostadas
- grated Colby/Jack cheese
This dish is another one my Mamaw used to throw together when all of us would get together for a little eating, a little chips and dips and a little visiting. It was also a regular on her Friday night card playing menu. Lots of mean games of Phase 10 or Hand & Foot were played to the tune of these beefy layered enchiladas.
It still shows up on my family’s table whenever we need a fun dish to round out a little chips and salsa or 7 layer dip on a weekend night! The rich sauce and beefy layers are the perfect pair when you’re wanting to have a little fiesta of your own.
Serve it with a happy dollop of sour cream, a little shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and jalapenos. Cilantro is even good! Of course, it is best served with a side of your closest family and friends. Card playing is optional.
Layered Beef Enchiladas
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 10 oz. can red enchilada sauce
- 1 10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 4 oz. can diced jalapenos or green chiles, drained
- 12 count corn tostadas
- 16 oz grated Colby/ Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. While beef is browning, add diced onion, salt, pepper and garlic. Drain beef after browning.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine enchilada sauce, mushroom soup and peppers. Mix until completely combined. Stir in ground beef.
- Line the bottom of a large casserole dish with a single layer of tostadas. Top with 1/2 of the beef and sauce mixture. Then layer on 1/2 of the grated cheese. Complete another layer of tostadas, beef and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven or until bubbly around the edges.
Other TexMex Dishes You Might Enjoy
Making it Easy to Make & Serve
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!