Mother’s Day has passed, but the fun is not over just yet! All of you inspired me so much with your comments about spring planting and gardening during our last contest that I could not resist one more giveaway before summer is officially upon us! The ASD May basket has everything you need to plant a few caladiums, relax in the shade, and look oh-so-lady-like while you tend gardens or flowers all summer long.
This contest will run 6 days, May 11-16, so that everyone will have a chance to enter. I am so excited for one of you to win. Let’s get on with the rules!
To enter the giveaway is simple:
1. Become a subscriber to A Southern Discourse. It’s super easy. Just click on the “How to Subscribe Link” for instructions, or fill in your email address in the box to the right and click subscribe. Make sure you follow the instructions in the follow-up email that will be sent to your email inbox. “How to Subscribe Link”
* We do not sell your email address. We value your privacy and turn up our noses at spam. As an ASD subscriber, you will be eligible for all future giveaways, receive a notice when there’s something new here on ASD, and receive a short monthly e-newsletter featuring a southern insider recipe or tip just for you!
* If you are already a subscriber, you are eligible for all giveaways. But you MUST follow rules 2 & 3 to win!
2. Leave a comment below sharing your favorite thing about gardening in the south. Include the hashtag (#gardeninginthesouth) AND your first name.
- You can also comment by posting a picture of your garden, vegetables, flowers, etc. on Instagram and tagging A Southern Discourse (@southerndiscourse) and using the hashtag (#gardeninginthesouth).
3. Watch the blog on Saturday, May 16, 2016, for the winner to be announced. Winners will also be announced on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook and be notified via email.
Now, on to the prize!
This distressed tin is a rich blue-green with small metal handles. The embossed metal plate stamped “Rose Garden” is what really completes that vintage look. This tin would be perfect holding a plant of it own, holding utensils and napkins at a shower, or simply holding the mail on your desk.
These gardening gloves make me downright giddy. I mean, just look at that bow! Need I really say more? Each glove is tied to perfection with its own silk gross grain ribbon, making this garden glove almost suitable for cotillion. Not quite cotillion worthy, you think? Well, you can’t deny that you won’t be at least garden club ready in these lady-like navy and gold floral print gloves with turquoise non-slip grip.
It just wouldn’t be A Southern Discourse gift basket without a teacup. And if it weren’t for this teacup, it might be easier for me to choose a favorite item from this basket. This whimsical cup and saucer is made by Grace’s Teaware and sports both navy stripes and polka dots. The cup and the saucer have a unique fluted shape. The handle, cup’s rim, and saucer are adorned with more polka dots and stripes, metallic gold, navy, and light blue. Inside the teacup, you’ll find a scene worthy of a blue and white toile. (I included some Plantation Mint tea, also!) This one almost found it’s way into my dish cabinet.
A little Tupelo Honey or Mint Julep beeswax lip balm from Savannah Bee Co. is just what you need to keep your lips soft and protected from the sun while you are tending your garden or flowers or even just sipping tea in the shade.
Gloves or not, once you’ve gardened, you have to take care of those hands. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Hand Soap in a fresh basil scent is just what you need!
It’s hard to garden without the right tools. In this basket, you will find a trowel, hand spade, and bulb planter. The spade and bulb planter have measurements marked right on the side to make planting to the right depths easier than ever. All tools have wooden handles and leather wrist straps.
I’ve also included my favorite southern shade plant- caladiums. Great in the ground or great in a planter, these variegated caladiums add a distinct southern flavor to any setting. 3 Carolyn Wharton bulbs (red variegated) and 3 Candidum bulbs are included.
Remember! You must complete all 3 steps to enter the contest. Good luck! I am looking forward to announcing our winner Saturday!
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12726101/?claim=stvq4c8453k”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>