Guess what? That’s right! It’s contest time again! Guys. Gals. Readers. Seriously. This gift basket is ahh-mazing! Possibly, maybe, one of my favorites of all time. And we’ve done some fabulous ones, right? I am so excited I am not sure which we should do first, talk about the rules or look at the stuff! Oh, let’s throw caution to the wind and get wild. Goodies first, rules second! Who’s with me?
The inspiration for this gorgeous giveaway all started when I came across a 18 1/2 inch x 12 inch serving tray. Made of turquoise melamine with a crackle glaze finish and aged edges, the tray, 11 inch serving bowl, and large serving utensils look just like handmade earthenware. Between the color, the artisan appeal of “pottery look,” and the durability of melamine for outdoor and indoor entertaining and casual dining, I knew I had to snag these for a lucky ASD winner!
No ASD give away is complete without a pair of phenomenal decorative tea towels. You know the kind I mean, the ones you always admire but rarely if ever buy yourself. As always, these would lend themselves marvelously to monogramming if such an inclination was to strike or be equally charming just as they are. Did someone say charming? Look at those little pom-poms!
Let’s take a peak at some of the little lovelies that fill our basket. Love mason jars? Included is a package of 16 guest paper towels/napkins featuring a canning jar filled with herbs, a package of 25 turquoise chevron paper straws, and a set of 4 wooden spoons.
Turquoise glass is hard to pass up! Check out this little bud vase. It hangs by a decorative metal and is adorned with 3 glass beads. Hang it in any window, on your patio or deck to catch a bit sunlight. Perfect for showing off buds or growing air plants!
This cute little fatty is a night light! Yep! No need to plug him in; his little light shines through his cut outs and is battery operated. He turns off and on using a switch hidden neatly on the underside.
What could be more fitting for A Southern Discourse gift basket giveaway than Devotions from the Porch? I couldn’t believe it when I came across it! The back reads, “There’s nothing quite like a front porch- a place that represents the warmth of home, a simpler pace of life, and a space to welcome others…” Swoon. This is my love language! And as an ASD reader, I know it is yours too! This book written by Stacy Edwards and published by Thomas Nelson is filled with porch perfect photography and 90 devotions that beckon you to rest a few moments each day with God.
We’re almost to the end, I promise. But this giveaway, ya’ll is packed full of so much goodness! I can’t believe it is all in one gift basket! Old ceiling tins are just another item that make me do a double take. Someone had the bright idea to snip out the decorative center and create a wall hanging. If there were two of these to be had, I would definitely have one.
Alright, this is the last piece. I had a hard time stopping once I started collecting for this giveaway! (I wasn’t going to mention it, but I mean, it was kinda like our 2 yr. anniversary last week. This giveaway had to be special!) The coup de gras here is a turquoise, enamel coated, 5qt colander. Why store it in the cabinet? Wouldn’t it be great for storing fruit or other pretties on a counter top or island?
We gotta have’ em.
To enter the giveaway contest is simple:
1. Become a subscriber to A Southern Discourse. It’s super easy. Just fill in your email address in the box to the right for PC users (scroll waaaay down for mobile users). If you’re not sure, click this link for instructions to walk you through the process. “How to Subscribe to A Southern Discourse”
* We do not sell your email address. As an ASD subscriber, you will be eligible for all future giveaways, receive a notice in your email inbox when there’s something new here on ASD, and receive a free downloadable recipe booklet as a thank you!
* If you are already a subscriber, you are already eligible for EVERY giveaway. But don’t forget to follow rule #4 to be a real winner!
2. This particular contest will also be run on our Facebook page so that ASD subscribers AND Facebook followers are eligible. When we hit 1,000 Facebook likes, we will give this gift basket away!
3. One lucky winner will be drawn at random. The winner will be notified via email.
- You do not have to be a Facebook user to view our page. It’s a public page. You can use the link below to view the ASD Facebook page at any time. However, if you are a Facebook user and have not followed our page, we would love to have you. Use this link to easily access our Facebook page. “A Southern Discourse Facebook Link” (Don’t forget that we are also on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Look us up!)
4. Read and enjoy A Southern Discourse!