There’s no better time to recharge and refocus than at the beginning of a new year. And that is exactly what I am doing here at A Southern Discourse. I am making some purposeful time to recharge the ol’ battery and refocus my daily routine not just around the good things that a new year might bring but the best that God has planned for me.
And guess what? I want you to join me!
That’s why I have put together a very special winter-y near year gift basket and am giving it away to one lucky ASD subscriber! This new year gift basket is chock-full of all the warm and cozy things you need to get the most out of some intentional quiet time.
Eligibility to win is simple. If you’re already A Southern Discourse subscriber, you are already entered! If you’re not a subscriber, just use the subscribe button to become one. Once you are an ASD subscriber you are automatically entered in this and all future A Southern Discourse giveaways. (You also will receive a free e-booklet with 5 of the most requested ASD recipes when you subscribe! Everyone wins! See below for more info.)
Now, let’s take a closer look at all the things packed into this new year basket.
Nothing says winter like the gray plaid woolen basket that is perfect for storing all of your quiet time essentials right beside your favorite chair. Tucked inside you will find this candle aptly named ‘Balance.’ Who doesn’t want a little balance in their lives this new year?
Warm toes are essential on any winter day, but nothing beats being able to keep those toes toasty during your recharging/refocusing time with these hand knit, button-up, lace-trimmed leg warmers/boot socks. Perfect for keeping cozy while you sit by the fire or peeking out the top of your boots, these will become your favorite accessory for those top knot, big sweater, and leggings kinds of days.
No quiet time is really quiet time without a cup of your favorite coffee, hot chocolate, or hot tea. These strength and comfort mugs are simple declarations of what of your new year surely holds for you.
Enhance your quiet time with a little study and reflection. This hard-bound journal is covered with the softest of gray leathers. Titled, ‘dear self…,’ it’s the perfect place to record your thoughts and make notes about what God reveals to you as you purposefully study His Word this year and develop a meaningful relationship with Him. (Need a place to get started? I am studying Colossians right now; study with me! Look for Colossians study posts soon!)
Just for fun, this hashtag found its way into the ASD new year gift basket. This wooden block art would look great on your desk, bookcase, or mantle, reminding you that your year is surely to be #awesome and filled with the perfect #blessings that God has planned just for you.
Lastly, your quiet time is made complete as you snuggle up in this gray plush throw. Wonderfully textured in a braided pattern, it’s thick plush is as soft as feathered cloud.
I can just see you sitting cozily by the fire with this heavenly gray blanket tucked around you, toes toasty, sipping from your strength or comfort mug as you study, recharging and refocusing for the new year. I can’t wait to see what 2017 has in store for you!
The Fine Print.
- Contest will end at midnight, January 18, 2017.
- All confirmed subscribers at that time– meaning both old and new subscribers– will be entered in a random number drawing. (At time of subscription, subscribers receive a confirmation email containing their free recipe booklet. Subscribers must confirm their subscriptions using the confirm button contained in that email in ordered to be a confirmed subscriber.)
- A winner will be chosen using a random number generator and announced at 10:00 AM CST, January 19, 2017, on A Southern Discourse’s Facebook page. The winner will also be contacted personally via the email address used for subscription, so make sure you check that email inbox AND its spam folder.
- The winner must respond with a reply email or Facebook message by 10:00 AM CST, January 20, 2017 to claim their prize. In the absence of a timely response, a second winner will be chosen and have a 24hr window in which to respond.
- The gift basket will be mailed promptly using the US Postal Service to the address specified by the winner.
Need Help Subscribing?
There are multiple places around A Southern Discourse where you can subscribe! You should find an opportunity at the end of this article. You can also find a subscription button in ASD’s right side bar if you are on your personal computer or laptop. If you are on your mobile device, you have to scroll down past the end of the article and comments to access this second subscription opportunity.